Interesting. Despite my previous post it seems Arnold Clark do do MG servicing which includes AA cover
MG Servicing | Arnold Clark
That looks fairly conclusive ... I'll still wait for a response to my email though - I want this in writing from them.

Edit: the Salford branch is actually multi-franchise (Vauxhall / Fiat / Abarth / MG) whereas mine in East Kilbride is only MG ... I wonder if that makes a difference?

Interesting, I will ask the MG service dept for clarifications next week, then
I asked Cambridge on Friday and Sales said £270 but I then called back to ask about MG assist and service quoted £415. First service £138 second £260. Will maybe use the local independent who did my Kia earlier this year.

I asked Cambridge on Friday and Sales said £270 but I then called back to ask about MG assist and service quoted £415. First service £138 second £260. Will maybe use the local independent who did my Kia earlier this year.
That's expensive

This is mine from cars2 mg in Wakefield.
Also includes MG assist.

1000001667.jpg

They did a bit of discount
I pay £10.72 a month

1000001670.jpg

As mentioned in my earlier post Salford MG offered and added 3 yr plus Mot for 399. It was originally in the contract set up by Lee there. On collection I asked for confirmation that this included AA extension as MG service extension does and dealing with Ella she brought Lee over to confirm. No confusion the service package was AC, not MG and did not extend AA. I had it removed and contract redrawn to exclude.. I'll be seeking a response from local MG dealer near me and from AC given the ad shared (not precious regards the Teddy btw)!!

yeah, they wouldn't budge at all.
And they will hound you for months trying to sell you one! They add a service fee on so it always works out more expensive than buying them individually although they guarantee the price and with inflation as it is it may be slightly cheaper

I had a reply from my dealer's sales guy, but it's only a holding response ... "I am trying to get this clarified". 🙄

Thanks to this thread I rang around my local dealers, my local Sheffield one for 3 years servicing and MOT was £470 !!!!!! Mega rip off for a ev.

Got mine from Cars 2 Barnsley for £374 for the 3 years inc MOT, they confirmed it includes Mag assist ( breakdown ) so not so bad.

I’m still miffed that MG website did advertise ev servicing from £6 per month, from what I’ve seen no one has secured it for anywhere near that price and contacting them about the subject all the said was “ Retailers set there own pricing” ….

I also think that why the heck are they bothering with yearly servicing unless you do crazy mileage ? Just seams like a money grabbing exercise. They litterally only do a “inspection” on the minor servicing and a air filter on the major. ICE cars have had 2 yearly service schedules for a while. Rant over ha 😆

If the car is serviced annually by an MG authorised dealer it is also covered by the AA for breakdown, home start, onward travel and relay which if buying separately is £139/year.
3 years AA cover at £139/year = £417 plus 1 x MOT at £54.85 = £471.85
In effect you are getting free services.

If the car is serviced annually by an MG authorised dealer it is also covered by the AA for breakdown, home start, onward travel and relay which if buying separately is £139/year.
3 years AA cover at £139/year = £417 plus 1 x MOT at £54.85 = £471.85
In effect you are getting free services.
The bold bit is the interesting point - what classifies them as MG authorised? e.g. the dealer I'm buying from is an MG franchise, but supposedly (according to the Salford branch) their service plan does not enable the extension of MG Assist. 👀

I've been in contact with my local MG dealers (not where I got my Trophy) - very helpful. They confirmed two options - Chapelhouse MG service plan = 3yrs for £382.46 includes MG Assist but can only use Chapelhouse service centres. This plan can be cancelled and remaining tokens transferred to another vehicle at a later point.
The second option was via MG Directly (arranged by Chapelhouse MG) = 3 yrs £414.54. Can use ANY MG Authorised dealer. Not transferrable.
Above plans do not include MOT - this can be bought at outset for £54.85 or purchased at the time required and may be cheaper as currently this is offered for £40 from this dealer.
I suppose paying £54.85 (incidentally the max MOT stations can charge) now you are protecting against inflation in 3yrs.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 512 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back