MG4 shipping to Ireland

What I was told and read was reason you here it as there is no engine noise.
That was my initial thought. Of course I went straight to Google and apparently it is an issue and it is pretty common also. No resolution to it though. I’m guessing if it’s serious enough there’ll be a recall.

There does seem to be a resolution that some people have reported, replacing the oil (and something else) in the compressor with a different grade. Hard to get the dealer to do it though. @PristDean is pursuing this in a couple of other threads.

I would think it be recall if it was a danger but if it is a budget compressor that just makes a little loud noise might be ok

I haven't personally listened to it from out side the car as haven't used it much but when it come on I can feel the vibrations on the steering wheel and a hear a slight buzzing noise from in the cabin. On holidays at moment back in a few days will check on it now to see how loud it is from outside

When I'm seated in the car I hear nothing at all. It is quite loud standing at the bonnet or around the car. I'll wait to see what my dealer says.

My dealers service engineer has advised the sound is completely normal and they all sound like this. I'm happy enough with his reply. Email saved if it turns out not to be the case.

Had the compressor running today. Basically sounds like a compressor of a fridge so presume that's normal. Definitely wouldn't notice it if it had a petrol engine running next to it .

Those who have collected. What are your thoughts? Happy? Any issues?
Delighted to say I got my white MG4 Exclusive yesterday. Chuffed with the first decent drive from Dublin to Gorey. Got Android Auto up and running with a newer cable after some initial issues. Love the 18 inch wheels and new look covers. The only concern is the LKA, it is potentially dangerous on my local, country roads. A couple of times already it has pulled me back into a narrow road. I have deactivated since on my regular commute. Needs a serious review by MG. Other than that like I said super happy, well worth the wait

Delighted to say I got my white MG4 Exclusive yesterday. Chuffed with the first decent drive from Dublin to Gorey. Got Android Auto up and running with a newer cable after some initial issues. Love the 18 inch wheels and new look covers. The only concern is the LKA, it is potentially dangerous on my local, country roads. A couple of times already it has pulled me back into a narrow road. I have deactivated since on my regular commute. Needs a serious review by MG. Other than that like I said super happy, well worth the wait
Knowing you got the newer version. Do you need to turn off the LKA every time you start the car? I've got the older version and the only annoying thing I find is having to switch this off every time I sit in the car.

Knowing you got the newer version. Do you need to turn off the LKA every time you start the car? I've got the older version and the only annoying thing I find is having to switch this off every time I sit in the car.
Yeah I have to deactivate each time (if I remember to do it) Its a bit of a pain in the hoop already

This is required for the car to have a 5-star rating from EuroNCAP, on the grounds that "the car won't know who'll drive it next".
It's highly unlikely MG will ever change that.

Some of us have customised the car's voice greeting to remind ourselves to turn off LKA.

This is required for the car to have a 5-star rating from EuroNCAP, on the grounds that "the car won't know who'll drive it next".
It's highly unlikely MG will ever change that.

Some of us have customised the car's voice greeting to remind ourselves to turn off LKA.
I never thought of that. Good thinking.

No it only looks at road markings and if they anyway bad the LKA is useless. I think it needs two road markings on the left and right to guide it .

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 512 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back