MG4 shipping to Ireland

popped into the dealer today, was told the ship is "close to docking" in dublin and said at the dealership roughly 10 days from docking. Any sleuth wanna identify the ship on a maritime map ?
I’ve been keeping an eye on these ships posted by another member…but they don’t look like ships that are remotely close to docking. Would be good if the dealers would share the actual name of the ship they are expecting in!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-29 at 15.15.54.png.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-29 at 15.15.54.png.png
    98.8 KB · Views: 129
I’ve been keeping an eye on these ships posted by another member…but they don’t look like ships that are remotely close to docking. Would be good if the dealers would share the actual name of the ship they are expecting in!
"close to docking" was shared by MG Ireland to the dealer. Hopefully there is some truth to it.

"close to docking" was shared by MG Ireland to the dealer. Hopefully there is some truth to it.
i was told by MG dealer in Ireland that a shipment was due in ireland early feb, seine highway left Zeebrugge stopped at southhamton then dublin. would southhamton be a port for MG cars

If it is the ship:
Ship SEINE HIGHWAY (Vehicles Carrier) Registered in Bahamas - Vessel details, Current position and Voyage information - IMO 9316311, MMSI 308654000, Call Sign C6VJ7 / DUB ETA ETA: 2023-02-01 08:30 LT UTC

My Granny cable is in one like that. The Type 2 is in a larger bag. Looking at it I can't imagine it would fit into a smaller bag. It's quite chunky.
What length is the type 2 cable, I'm trying to figure out where to place a wall charger?

What length is the type 2 cable, I'm trying to figure out where to place a wall charger?

Unsure on the length of the Type 2 cable that should come with the car.

In terms of installing a home wall box charger, that wall box may have it's own cable connected.

e.g. - Ohme Home Pro wall charger is a tethered connection with a 5 meter and 8 meter cable length options.

Unsure on the length of the Type 2 cable that should come with the car.

In terms of installing a home wall box charger, that wall box may have it's own cable connected.

e.g. - Ohme Home Pro wall charger is a tethered connection with a 5 meter and 8 meter cable length options.
Let's presume it's an untethered one, as in Qubev.

Last edited:
Hey folks, I have an exclusive (in white) ordered since early November from Dealer in Drogheda. Anyone get any updates from them on when order will arrive to them?

Hey folks, I have an exclusive (in white) ordered since early November from Dealer in Drogheda. Anyone get any updates from them on when order will arrive to them?
As has been mentioned elsewhere MG are updating their computer system which should be completed at the end of next week. Your dealer should be able to give you a better idea after it's completed.

Not much use to anyone who has ordered theirs already and is waiting, but I ordered an Excite in mid-January, and delivery time expected was May.
Just been on to the dealer about changing it to an Exclusive, and they think that it will be the end of June for delivery.

Just received info from dealer in regards to the SE LR MG4 which is called Excite Trim LR over here. Ordered in December, likely to be delivered end of March. He stated that some are trickling into Ireland now each week. Not very definitive.

I'm dealing with Johnson and Perrott in Cork It's Like dealing with Mystic Meg been on to them every week since the start of the year they're either waiting on a list. The last information was mine is being built which isn't much good we ordered an MG ZS December 12 months never came was advised by the dealer to change to an MG 4 which I drove and was happy to change it is a beautiful car was told by the dealer that I would have it in the first quarter. Was on to them yesterday they can't even tell me where it is what ship it's on or when it will be here they promised me the first quarter now they're saying hopefully it's a joke MG Ireland or not telling them anything and they can't tell me anything. It's an absolute disgrace if they are trying to make an impression in Europe they're not making a very good start here in Ireland. I don't think I'm the only one in the same boat I wish my car was on a boat🙄😡😤

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 503 79.5%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back