MG4 Software Update Thread

My SE is showing R10 software, don’t have a clue if this is the latest one or not. I’m wondering if the MG4 just downloads and updates the software itself when a new version is released. Although if that was the case why include the “detect new software” button.
I think the SE is different due to not having nav etc
So mg will have to create 2 updates probably.
One for each
SE and Trophy
But yes mine is the same on my SE

20221010_030556.jpg

I thought it could be useful to have a thread for software update news. I am collecting my car tomorrow and have a feeling that I will be back several times for software updates. Perhaps we can use this thread to keep each other informed when updates appear (I wouldn't rely on my dealer to be on the ball with this)
Yesterday I was at my local MG dealer in Sweden. They got 2 MG4 but they didn't allow test drive yet. They say they wait for a new update in the end of October that fix problems like the dings and other things. Then the test drive can start.

Yesterday I was at my local MG dealer in Sweden. They got 2 MG4 but they didn't allow test drive yet. They say they wait for a new update in the end of October that fix problems like the dings and other things. Then the test drive can start.
Interesting. Dealer here in Iceland also said that test drive will not be available until end of October.

I thought it could be useful to have a thread for software update news. I am collecting my car tomorrow and have a feeling that I will be back several times for software updates. Perhaps we can use this thread to keep each other informed when updates appear (I wouldn't rely on my dealer to be on the ball with this)
My understanding software was done automatically over the air?

Is the Android auto "not for sale" message issue not classed as an infotainment issue ?
I would have expected that to be ok for an OTA fix.
Probably a Google licence issue that surely could be added back in ota
Could be possible that it takes some time for them to get added to the OTA update system and the dealers can get them for application via USB before then.

My Trophy goes to the dealer tomorrow for an update to R30 on the infotainment. Hopefully this will stop the random screen lockouts, no access to HVAC, DAB, Settings, etc. that cant be fixed with a re-boot.

That’s excellent news. Any other improvements?
Question was any other improvements after recent software update (asked in other thread). Not driven that far, only 20 miles but I have noticed:

1. Driver awareness feature sensitivity far better. Only seems to come on if you are properly looking away from front. Far less intrusive
2. The 360 camera activation at low speeds when indicator on is much more reliable
3. Volume control for media seems to work much better, I frequently had to press the two squares button on right hand side of steering wheel to make it work
4. Auto day/night mode for screen seems much better

Question was any other improvements after recent software update (asked in other thread). Not driven that far, only 20 miles but I have noticed:

1. Driver awareness feature sensitivity far better. Only seems to come on if you are properly looking away from front. Far less intrusive
2. The 360 camera activation at low speeds when indicator on is much more reliable
3. Volume control for media seems to work much better, I frequently had to press the two squares button on right hand side of steering wheel to make it work
4. Auto day/night mode for screen seems much better
Good to hear of these improvements. Should dealers do these if asked, or would it have to wait until it was in for something/a service?

Is there a 'sticky thread' that shows the current/latest software version? If it's an OTA or Dealer applied change and what it does and doesn't fix? If not can I request one is setup as I think it would help a lot of new owners to understand where their current issues are in 'fix-forward' process MG are applying.

Good to hear of these improvements. Should dealers do these if asked, or would it have to wait until it was in for something/a service?
I think you would need to check in with service department. They can then check what updates are available. My service guy is aware there will likely be a few releases in the early days so they have no problem with checking for me and said they will update FOC as and when new release available but I need to check in with them to find out as they can’t check all updates for all cars continually.

Is there a 'sticky thread' that shows the current/latest software version? If it's an OTA or Dealer applied change and what it does and doesn't fix? If not can I request one is setup as I think it would help a lot of new owners to understand where their current issues are in 'fix-forward' process MG are applying.
This is down to the mods, maybe @Alb will comment, do you think this thread should be sticky?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back