MG4 Software Update Thread

@Les burrows you have the SE SR ... have you tried Android Auto with it? (Just curious as to whether you get the Pre-production overlay message).
I have the same and yes you do get the message on each screen while running AAuto
Regardless of app.
From reading it's a very common issue on most makes of cars
I believe it's probably still using a developer package rather than an officially signed version.
It also apparently comes from something on the phone that checks the hardware setup.
Should be easily fixable with an update and a signed driver update on the headunit

Well, my welcome voice in the car this evening stated the date as -"January 1st 1956" - weird!
sv8wn.jpg

2 months out 🤣

I believe it's probably still using a developer package rather than an officially signed version.
I've had five cars with Android Auto and never seen it. I'm not convinced it's common at all. I wish MG would do the same as Renault and make infotainment system software upgrades a straightforward download to usb stick for user application .

I've had five cars with Android Auto and never seen it. I'm not convinced it's common at all. I wish MG would do the same as Renault and make infotainment system software upgrades a straightforward download to usb stick for user application .
Have a Google of android auto pre production message
You'll see it's not just MG that has this issue

Can someone please guide me to the screen that shows the Software version.

I was at the dealers at lunchtime for something else. With regards to the drowsiness warning/driver monitoring system, although some updates have been released they improve it they are still working on a final patch for it apparently.

I can contact my dealer to check if this is available in a few weeks and then book it in to have updates installed.

Apologies if it's elsewhere, but please would somebody be kind enough to tell us what the latest software version is (or how to find that information), and if possible, how to find out the version a car is running?
Collection later today and I'd like to check.
Cheers

I have the same and yes you do get the message on each screen while running AAuto
Regardless of app.
It also apparently comes from something on the phone that checks the hardware setup.
Should be easily fixable with an update and a signed driver update on the headunit
Has this been sorted yet? Mine is till showing as pre production. Is there and OTA update or am I going to have to go into the dealer?

Has this been sorted yet? Mine is till showing as pre production. Is there and OTA update or am I going to have to go into the dealer?
I think it will have to be a dealer visit.
Though the over the air updates are supposedly only for the infotainment screen so who knows

If someone can provide definitive real time information it would be a good subject for a sticky thread.
Would someone like Miles from Chorley Group be able to provide this information as part of his appearance on the Podcast **

** Removed bracketed as incorrect sorry - (every Monday)

Last edited:
no OTA updates are crazy, why load up the dealer doing these unless they plan to charge for them
If you do an OTA update and brick your car then you've got a problem and the blame game starts with did you do it correctly, was your internet connection disrupted etc. If the dealer does it then it's their problem and they can get support from MG.
There is one user on here who has a bricked car stuck on the ramps at their dealer because something went wrong with an update.

If you do an OTA update and brick your car then you've got a problem and the blame game starts with did you do it correctly, was your internet connection disrupted etc. If the dealer does it then it's their problem and they can get support from MG.
There is one user on here who has a bricked car stuck on the ramps at their dealer because something went wrong with an update.
Yes, until MGs software is as good as Teslas, I don’t want to do updates on my own car, would be nerve wracking!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back