MG4 Software Update Thread

Firstly he told me they weren't allowed to do any updates without contacting MG first and getting their permission - which sounded strange!
Secondly, he didn't have any experience with the windscreen washers and didn't know if they were adjustable or would have to be replaced.
As it seems every update has to be confirmed with MG / SAIC China. If the customer complains about the LKA, a ticket will be opened and the update can be applied. No complaint, no update by default.

The nozzles are the same as on every other car. They can be adjusted. And they have to. My dealer said they were wrong on every car (including mine). Many complaints about this in the Facebook groups, too.

@siteguru and @Swampy, ah thanks for that. It was too dark at the moment to check, so I'll have a go at adjusting them tomorrow (y)

As for the infotainment update, I'll ring the dealer again tomorrow and see what's involved in the update. If an official complaint has to be raised, then I'll ask him to raise a complaint about the bluetooth not connecting everytime and the LKA strength. I suspect they'll have to be two separate complaints though, as the surely LKA wouldn't form part of the infotainment update but a ECU update instead.

As for the infotainment update, I'll ring the dealer again tomorrow and see what's involved in the update. If an official complaint has to be raised, then I'll ask him to raise a complaint about the bluetooth not connecting everytime and the LKA strength. I suspect they'll have to be two separate complaints though, as the surely LKA wouldn't form part of the infotainment update but a ECU update instead.
Exactly, he has to open two separate tickets for you.

@siteguru and @Swampy, ah thanks for that. It was too dark at the moment to check, so I'll have a go at adjusting them tomorrow (y)

Attachments

• 86561128-925D-4C24-A782-1ABFA8333489.png
    86561128-925D-4C24-A782-1ABFA8333489.png
    589.6 KB · Views: 304
Just put my car details into the MG Recall Checker and hey presto it says Recall Due : Yes. Anyone know whose responsibility is it to alert me that a recall is required? Might be to solve the "Help get me out of this locked car" which fortunately I haven't experienced!
Mine shows Due to recall but MG service seems not to be aware of this.

My wife’s MG4 SE SR had an update applied yesterday for the doors not opening issue

And after yesterday it came back with this one
9C23ED2E-1FF3-4369-9598-D868CCD3682A.jpeg

Les

Attachments

• 14A3C8E7-31B2-4735-9EF2-85D5200E4D45.jpeg
    14A3C8E7-31B2-4735-9EF2-85D5200E4D45.jpeg
    338.2 KB · Views: 517
Last edited:
Are your pics in the wrong order? Looks like the before had R12, whereas the after had R10, which doesn’t make sense, unless I’m reading it wrong?
Hi Diggsy no I have doubled check and they are in the right order.
1300R12 from new and before anything was done
1100R10 after the door not opening update.
I have placed an extra line of comment in my first post to get rid of any confusion also.
No idea what these numbers mean I’m sorry to say may be you can enlighten us.
Les

@Les burrows you have the SE SR ... have you tried Android Auto with it? (Just curious as to whether you get the Pre-production overlay message).
Siteguru please accept my apologies, because I have only just seen the post above with your question, I was just looking back in this thread after posting some pictures yesterday and having a few asking had I got my pictures in the right order which I have.

Yeh I’m like you the wife’s 4 is SE SR and it was I updated yesterday, and I happen to take a picture of before and after of the software in the infotainment screen, and it has changed now, so with regard to android auto question we don’t use that as we have Apple iPhones but I must try them tomorrow to see if they now work or not, you see before the currant update it was a very hit and miss affair to get them to work so I will give it ago tomorrow/ today now, but it’s going back on Monday anyhow because after having with the car for more than 48 hrs we now have a rattling and a vibrating that was not there before.

My wife loves here car the drive is fantastic but all these issues is driving us both up the wall, this now, the dam oil leak doors locking you in a possibility, plus other bits and bobs is spoiling our experience no end and if it carries on much longer it will be shut off for sure, yeh we will lose money on it but might be able to sleep at night she had her last car a Corsa 16 years her 3rd one and apart from a couple of batteries and servicing never had a problem with it what’s annoying is we sold it to a Neighbour and of course see it every day anyhow back to the beginning apologies for the above.
Les

Hi Diggsy no I have doubled check and they are in the right order.
1300R12 from new and before anything was done
1100R10 after the door not opening update.
I have placed an extra line of comment in my first post to get rid of any confusion also.
No idea what these numbers mean I’m sorry to say may be you can enlighten us.
Les
Hi Les. Seems strange that the numbers on the newer updates are lower, but maybe that’s just how it is and they’re working down rather than up…

The other foible there is ... 1300xxx tends (so far) to be for the Trophy (as far as I can gather); the SE models (at least the SR anyway) have been 1100xxx. (Unless the SE LR is a 1300xxx version?)

1100R13 is what I have ... I believe someone already has 1100R16.

Picking up our MG4 SE tomorrow, Monday 6th March. I keep reading about the lack of updates being made by the dealerships (LKA, Locked in car problem etc) I spoke to the salesman a couple of times last week and each time I mentioned that I would like any updates made before I collect and he assured me that 'all was up to date'. I'm new to this with EV's so what should I be looking for before leaving the dealership which will put my mind at ease? TIA, Mike

Picking up our MG4 SE tomorrow, Monday 6th March. I keep reading about the lack of updates being made by the dealerships (LKA, Locked in car problem etc) I spoke to the salesman a couple of times last week and each time I mentioned that I would like any updates made before I collect and he assured me that 'all was up to date'. I'm new to this with EV's so what should I be looking for before leaving the dealership which will put my mind at ease? TIA, Mike
Hi Mike. Use the search bar top right and enter collection checklist and tick search by title. You will see a few pointers there.
Good luck tomorrow and enjoy.

Hi Mike welcome to the forum, when you collect the car if it is pulling quite hard on the steering wheel left or right at anything below 35 mph then probably it has not been up dated, so if it does start to pull stop and in the infotainment screen, that’s the bigger one in the middle of the car, you will find a slider for LKA turn that off and it should stop it.

Now I have in fact no idea and I don’t think anybody here as for certain, if some of these problems are linked in some way, the reason I say that is my wife’s car was like I described above when we collect and within the first mile I had to stop to switch off the LKA and just left it at that for the first five months, and never was it switched back on nor did it come back on buy itself, but when the recall update for the door locking was done it is now being said you need to switch it to off each time you get in the car I:e it won’t stay in the off position, well that’s in debate now because now it’s totally different in how it behaves, and appears to be working as it should, but only had the the car back for 2days with the new set up so I have really had time to check it fully, I will be doing a post on my findings shortly.
If the car is pulling as described above and the software is linked somehow then maybe you may still have the door locking issues, and I would knowing what I know now be taking the car right back as you don’t want that happening to you, if it does you can get out through the boot at a struggle. Lots of information on this forum.
I hope you don’t have any issues and all is well it should be nowadays, I think it was us who have got the very early cars that have had the issues and the dealers should not be allowing cars to go out with out the issues being fixed first, but don’t rely on it some dealers are good some not so it appears.

Now Mike can I asked you to do something that might help everyone that is,
You say you are collecting you car today 6th you said it’s an SE, but no don’t say if it SR or LR, that’s Short or Long Range, so that would be good to know which it is, and it will help very much if you can take pictures of the software that is installed in your new today car.
Reason I ask this is it’s seem there might some different versions of software being fitted between SE SR, LR, and Trophy models, so if you can do that in the next couple of days that would be helpful thank you.you can see the screen picture in the posts above of the software versions.
Les

If you post a screenshot of your entertainment software version as Les requests, we should be able to determine if yoh have the latest.

Unfortunately there's no way to check the version of the LKA module.

The car connects to a Chinese server and updates itself, so the dealership don't have control over what gets updated. It should update everything that has an update, however sometimes some of the updates fail or the server is down, the garage should know if the updates went smoothly or not.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 504 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back