MG4 Software Update Thread

I decided to join the few of us who have asked dealers the question about new software and features coming to MY22 models.

He said he had no clue, and would hopefully be able to provide some answers after visiting a MG conference on Monday.

SO... maybe we'll get more information across the board from Monday onwards, who knows.
I have mine booked in for Sept for some software updates - I was hoping it would be the fix for the LKA. If that gets sorted and the ACC works I would probably forget about comma ai3.

Again when we received our trophy back in October last year, the battery graph didn't work. They finally sent it to MGUK for repair. That's what they told us. As the garage had the car for 2.5 weeks.
When finally drove out of the garage all was well. But as time went on other items cropped up again like passing parked cars and the brakes applied automatically when cruise control was on. Still does it.
It is impossible to use cruise control in town or villages, you have to keep your foot floating above the pedal incase the car does a ghost emergency stop. It's very disconcerting for passengers - I just don't use it anymore. The clunk of accelerating and braking is also very annoying, feels like the battery is loose the noise is audible.

I notice there's a little spoiler on the rear edge of the hatch, is this just on the new model or does the current SE have it ?

• Has MG improved the infotainment system of the MG4 in terms of fluidity, design and available options (trip planner and if so, is this option effective)?
  • Is the 'One Pedal' functionality available on all iterations of the MG4 or only on the second generation?

I had to take my trophy to garage today as it had a different bug every time I went to use it. Turns out it needed three updates and had recall action on it since July 6. I loved the car but it does get annoying when lane assist pulls you into traffic

I had to take my trophy to garage today as it had a different bug every time I went to use it. Turns out it needed three updates and had recall action on it since July 6. I loved the car but it does get annoying when lane assist pulls you into traffic
That's really annoying :confused::confused:

I had the same fault on motorway in narrow lanes through road works. The car wanted to put me in the barrier in lane 1. Had to pull of at next junction to turn it of, as I couldn't risk doing it while driving in tight lane.
Complained to garage, they did another update. Not been in roadworks since so don't know if it's sorted.

I've think that to get a regen number you have to do a long run or go up and down a lot. Did 178 miles in the rain yesterday through flat Lincolnshire and Norfolk and only got 3KW.
Agree. It depends on what sort of journey you do. Recently did a 120 mile motorway journey and got zero regen showing up but usually would get some shown for a trip on say B class roads where I am lifting foot off accelerator a lot to slow car.

Has anyone with R40 commented on any bluetooth problems? Have to say, this is becoming my biggest gripe now - just got the car back post repairs and got a phone call and let our a loud ARRRRGGHHHH
Just got mine updated today to latest SW rev. and so far (touch wood) seems improvement.
Background - just got my Trophy (called Exclusive in Ireland) a week ago, it's 2nd ver (18" wheels, rear wiper, etc), and generally very happy with it, bar the few SW niggles i.e; Bluetooth pairing issues, snappy LKA, touchscreen laggy and (one I haven't seen mentioned previously) no online connectivity for iSmart/weather updates/nav. Car came with R33 installed, dealer today installed R46, said he'd just got it a few days ago and it should/might sort some of my issues (I'm hoping I'm not guinea pig as haven't seen any mention of others with this latest rev. He mentioned the R40 seemed short lived, so possibly buggy)
Good news is connectivity immediately sorted for iSmart etc, phone also paired ok and so far hasn't needed re-pairing (prev needed to, every time I got into car), don't notice any change to LKA or laggy screen unfortunately, but the BT and iSmart were my main bugbears. Additionally it has the newer AC page (and although the graphics do look like they were done by a 12 yo, it seems to work fine, and defo easier to hit correct button while driving due to their size), also notice slight tweaks to battery management page, overall so far seems improvement, will see in coming days if any negatives side affects with the new rev.
One other point, for update he didn't connect via laptop to SAIC server, just had newest rev on USB dongle, installed in a few minutes, perhaps maybe didn't need to confirm ver as car so new.

Looks like the next update has fixed car with the side controls being on the right hand side

Attachments

• IMG_5680.png
    IMG_5680.png
    802.4 KB · Views: 199
On Facebook group someone also has had the R46 applied to a a ver1 ‘22 car so it does look like it will apply to all. The feature toggles like track mode etc are obviously controlled separately

Ours is in for fixes in a few weeks so will see what happens
Was the debate not about the first phase of cars getting one pedal mode?
That will require more of an update than the infotainment version, obviously

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel