MG4 Software Update Thread

With 'bricked' cars in the past, dealers have usually been able to recover and reset the car with MG China's help but it can take some time.
In fact it is absurd that there is no procedure to restore the firmware in case of failed update! There are cheap phones like Honor that have 2 bios. If one is corrupted, the other is started and the corrupted one is restored

In fact it is absurd that there is no procedure to restore the firmware in case of failed update! There are cheap phones like Honor that have 2 bios. If one is corrupted, the other is started and the corrupted one is restored
Yes, although cars are more complex than a phone - certainly in terms of the large number of suppliers who create their own modules and code and who all use different tools. MG need to do a lot better but we're not dealing with a small phone here.

With 'bricked' cars in the past, dealers have usually been able to recover and reset the car with MG China's help but it can take some time.
Well, since cars (not only the MG4) are getting more and more complex and will need a lot of updating in the future, these procedures should be straightforward and easy.

That said a certain learning curve for some dealerships might be still in progress. My LKA update was done in less than 20 minutes.

So it was true...
New MG4s (phase 2) are coming with R40

... and comms from snmpk19e32 to 21e32

Attachments

• IMG_20230608_192452.jpg
    IMG_20230608_192452.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 368
Last edited:
Sweet. I’m taking my back week after next for an update. MG say they have new software for the dealer to try to resolve the Bluetooth issues. Currently on R33.

Sweet. I’m taking my back week after next for an update. MG say they have new software for the dealer to try to resolve the Bluetooth issues. Currently on R33.
AdamskiEM can you let me know when this has been done please ? My dealer told me just over a week ago that such an update was not yet available. Thanks.

Update - my car went in last week for yet more niggles and fixes. I was told various BMS updates applied (I don’t know specifics). This morning, for the first time ever, pre cooling while plugged in and not charging WORKS! It will probably stop working soon but it worked today 😂

Update - my car went in last week for yet more niggles and fixes. I was told various BMS updates applied (I don’t know specifics). This morning, for the first time ever, pre cooling while plugged in and not charging WORKS! It will probably stop working soon but it worked today 😂
It's great to hear that they are really making progress. And it's a shame that so many cars were delivered with all those faults that could have easily been spotted while test driving the prototypes.

Also interested in your experience with the new software. my question in this case. Which bluetooth problems are solved with this update. Does the digital key works better ( opening car, and ”starting”)

that is ugly and doesn't really look much improvement ergonomically?

I thought the new models weren't having the black roof? Maybe its not a new consumer model but some hybrid demonstrator
He does mention a "press car" in the video.
Maybe MG Norway have installed the new software for testing and haven't told Bjorn?

Can anyone please confirm if 1100R13 is the latest MPU on SE?

Btw, I am also curious if software updates will improve their lane assistance. Having been using Skoda's lane assistance, I found MG4's lane assistance in 1100R13 is awful.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 540 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back