MG4 Software Update Thread

Did you ask for this as you found a dip / warping on the tray ?
How noisy was your arcon? mine knocks away so loud I can hear it inside the car.

Warping under tray and rattling aircon are both manufacturing (aircon) and material (under tray) failures to me as per the warranty which states:

"Guarantees repair replacement or adjustment, free of charge, by an Authorised Repairer, of any part which fails during the warranty period, as a result of a manufacturing or material defect."
I asked them to check the tray after reading comments on here so that it was on record that I had raised the issue in case of future failure. Likewise with the a/c, it was not noisy at all and certainly not audible inside the car but if the chirping is a precursor to future failure it is now on record.

If you mean the SOS button that is not to call MG assist. That is for emergency situations only like if you have a serious accident and need help due to injury etc. You should have a card with the assist number on and all new cars should be automatically registered for one year. Then each time you get a service you request another year's membership.

MG assist provided by the AA includes Homestart, Roadside Assistance, Recovery and Onward Mobility.
More information here.

Now I'm even more confused. I don't remember seeing such a card, perhaps I should look through the paperwork again.

Now I'm even more confused. I don't remember seeing such a card, perhaps I should look through the paperwork again.
I have no card received even only a charge card here in Belgium it is from Eneco where MG works together, but you need to select your country in de mobile app and then you see the number you need to call for assistance.

You donl't get an AA card, but you should just have this card which sorts out any breakdown for you I believe

Card2.jpg

Card1.jpg

I think the "supporting OTA" is more something they only intend to do in case it helps them, not us. Like if it can prevent a recall.

With the quirkiness of the updating system etc I would not want them to do it over the air. They are far from knowing how to do this. I would rather take it in and if the new software/method-of-updating screws the car then I can shout at them to fix it. They won't even fix a bulgy under tray cover, you think they will accept that I didn't do something wrong updating the car !!!!

With the quirkiness of the updating system etc I would not want them to do it over the air. They are far from knowing how to do this. I would rather take it in and if the new software/method-of-updating screws the car then I can shout at them to fix it. They won't even fix a bulgy under tray cover, you think they will accept that I didn't do something wrong updating the car !!!!
They've only ever claimed that they would provide OTA updates for the infotainment system. ie - new maps for the satnav

This is also probably why they haven't so far. Quite a few people have had issues when their dealers are trying to do software updates.

I would hate to have my car suddenly bricked overnight. I am thinking that I would rather not have any updates now, as the car just works, except for safety-critical stuff. Yes, there are bugs, but all ones I can live with.

I decided to join the few of us who have asked dealers the question about new software and features coming to MY22 models.

He said he had no clue, and would hopefully be able to provide some answers after visiting a MG conference on Monday.

SO... maybe we'll get more information across the board from Monday onwards, who knows.

On the FB MG4 owners groups one of the Admin guys has spoken to the his MG dealership who he has a good relationship with and was informed that phase 1 cars will get the 1 foot driving update and his is booked in for the 25th of this month. So they may be light at the end of the tunnel.

What enhancements and features does the upcoming R40 software version intend to introduce to the infotainment system of the MG4?

Will the R40 software update be available for all models of the MG4?

What enhancements and features does the upcoming R40 software version intend to introduce to the infotainment system of the MG4?
One pedal driving apparently, probably other things too but we don't really know yet.
That is the question, we have heard both yes and no, so it is not clear.

The next podcast could be interesting and have more news on this...
...not that I'm saying all the other podcasts weren't interesting.

Throws spade in bin and exits stage right.
Last one wasn't the same without the star of the show!
They dumped him when they realised he was getting all the likes😉

When is the next podcast?
Probably next week or the week after.

If you watch Bjorn Nyland's recent drives of the MG4, you can see that R40 seems to bring in a complete UI (user interface) change. The whole thing looks different.
Screenshot 2023-07-06 095026.png

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 540 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel