MG4 Software Update Thread

Can anyone with the R46 upgrade confirm whether or not the constant bluetooth pairing request issue is solved. Also, can the MG4 pair to two phone - selectable by the car. Many thanks.

Linder Finglas are my dealer. It’s an MY22 from January 10th would you believe, only picked it up 3 weeks ago! They put R33 on it, didn’t say anything about R46 and I didn’t bother asking. Tried to say R33 only got released to them last week and the U.K. and Ireland having different approved versions.

Not sure if Frank Keane is any better.

That’s true, seems like most cars have some major issue or another, the Kia EV6 and ionic apparently also have some very annoying issues. As usual the car industry are very much behind the curve with fast paced software solutions…doesn’t bode well for the future as there’s only going to be more sensors and chips running the whole car
I bought from Linders too, and it was quite clear the salesman had very little actual knowledge about the car/software. I mentioned about the UK speed sign recognition when picking up the car a month ago, and he said "no, don't think so, never heard of that", despite selling the car for 6months+. I might use that (along with Bluetooth unpairing) as a reason to ask them to upgrade to R46, depending on how that's working out for people. Not too many reports from people with that in here so far.

When you picked it up 3 weeks ago, R33 had been released for several weeks if not months at that point, so they should have already had it updated to R33. I collected mine 14th July and it had R33 on it, but maybe that was applied at the factory, rather than by Linders.

What version do you have? The problem with the SE infotainment software is that it's not clear that updates later than R13 actually make anything any better, and they remove the external temperature display which many people regard as a safety essential (not to mention informing estimates of range and expected rapid charging speed).

What version do you have? The problem with the SE infotainment software is that it's not clear that updates later than R13 actually make anything any better, and they remove the external temperature display which many people regard as a safety essential (not to mention informing estimates of range and expected rapid charging speed).
Are SE SR and LR got the same SW version numbering ?
I am in Israel, btw, but all the models/features are the same as in the UK.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-08-23 at 13.40.28.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-08-23 at 13.40.28.jpeg
    173.7 KB · Views: 151
The later versions will be fixing bugs, even if we haven't identified what they are yet.

The prime reason we have a messy update thread is that MG tell us NOTHING about:
  • How the version numbers work (including across territories)
  • What the current update is for a given car model
  • What each update fixes
  • What new features each update adds
  • When an update has been released
  • When the next update will be released

It is very frustrating to be completely in the dark, trying to figure it out.

It isn't good enough: they need to do better.

Are SE SR and LR got the same SW version numbering ?
I am in Israel, btw, but all the models/features are the same as in the UK.
I wonder if SE SR and SE LR have different Infotainment releases? (Yours is R29 which is much later than any of us in the UK have seen for a SE car ... R21 was the latest I was aware of).

Can anyone with the R46 upgrade confirm whether or not the constant bluetooth pairing request issue is solved. Also, can the MG4 pair to two phone - selectable by the car. Many thanks.
BT sorted, more details previously in
  • Post #1,501
  • Aug 12, 2023
Can't say about two phones as haven't tried
Note my car is MY23 Trophy,
Can not say if R46 improves the MY22.

I bought from Linders too, and it was quite clear the salesman had very little actual knowledge about the car/software. I mentioned about the UK speed sign recognition when picking up the car a month ago, and he said "no, don't think so, never heard of that", despite selling the car for 6months+. I might use that (along with Bluetooth unpairing) as a reason to ask them to upgrade to R46, depending on how that's working out for people. Not too many reports from people with that in here so far.

When you picked it up 3 weeks ago, R33 had been released for several weeks if not months at that point, so they should have already had it updated to R33. I collected mine 14th July and it had R33 on it, but maybe that was applied at the factory, rather than by Linders.
Just had my software 'updated' by Baylis in Gloucester yesterday. It's still on R33 and the Bluetooth still doesn't maintain its pairing. Getting annoyed this is not getting fixed. My Trophy is a MY22 (I think) - no rear wiper, black roof...

Just had my software 'updated' by Baylis in Gloucester yesterday. It's still on R33 and the Bluetooth still doesn't maintain its pairing. Getting annoyed this is not getting fixed. My Trophy is a MY22 (I think) - no rear wiper, black roof...
Confirmed R33 is a bad un, I've had it for about 8 wees now. It also re-enabled the Lane Keeping by default every time I started my vehicle. If I forget to turn it off when I get in, it randomly swerves for no reason. It's a danger feature not a safety feature if you ask me.

Confirmed R33 is a bad un, I've had it for about 8 wees now. It also re-enabled the Lane Keeping by default every time I started my vehicle. If I forget to turn it off when I get in, it randomly swerves for no reason. It's a danger feature not a safety feature if you ask me.
The infotainment version Rxx has no bearing on the LKA as they are completely separate. The LKA has to enable every time you start the car for NCAP certification.

It might be that the LKA module needs updating or it could be the camera needs re-calibration, but there is no way to see the version on this or any other except the infotainment system.

The infotainment version Rxx has no bearing on the LKA as they are completely separate. The LKA has to enable every time you start the car for NCAP certification.

It might be that the LKA module needs updating or it could be the camera needs re-calibration, but there is no way to see the version on this or any other except the infotainment system.
Not sure that's quite correct, although the LKA functionality is controlled elsewhere, the switching on/off is a feature of the info system, my reasoning for this is the abstract way it can be switched back on by screen changing from dark/light and also a few posters have previously stated pre info sys only SW update they could leave it off but now it defaults to on.
On the NCAP certification I believe it would simply change it rating, I think (and stand to be corrected) that a 5* rating requires these systems to default on, a 4* possibly not??
I for one would prefer option to leave it off at the expense of the extra *

I also have (what appears to be) a MY22 Trophy - black roof, no rear wiper. QUESTION; Has anyone with a MY22 Trophy managed to get R46 or is everyone in the same boat as @highsider #1,613?

I also have (what appears to be) a MY22 Trophy - black roof, no rear wiper. QUESTION; Has anyone with a MY22 Trophy managed to get R46 or is everyone in the same boat as @highsider #1,613?
I have a Trophy (May23) and have R46. It was updated due to BT issue. No issues getting it done by the dealer Arnold Clark at East Kilbride

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back