MG4 Software Update Thread

Hello All - new to MG and EVs and picking up a brand new MG4 Trophy (73 plate) this Saturday.
Want to be sure I have the latest updates and software revisions before collecting. Will give them a call today to make sure that happens, however as I'm new to all this, are there version numbers I can quote to them when i ring so it sounds like I know what I'm talking about?!

Any advice appreciated as a newbie to MGs.
Thanks.

The only version number you can quote is Infotainment R46 (which is the latest for the Trophy). We don't (and can't) know the version of any other module.

@Nobbyplopps
Hi, is your SE from 2022 or "a new one" from 2023? (Gen 2)

What about OUTDOOR Temperatur?
Will R21 bring it back? (Lost by Update to R16)
Mine is a MY23 mate. No outside temp with R21. Why don’t they just take the whole temperature thing away? There is just a “_c” there.

Drivers need to know the outside temperature for safety reasons in freezing conditions. It's also handy to know if you're estimating your range, or deciding whether to turn on battery heating. Even the most basic 950cc manual gearshift runabout has an external temperature display. They need to get this fixed.

Drivers need to know the outside temperature for safety reasons in freezing conditions. It's also handy to know if you're estimating your range, or deciding whether to turn on battery heating. Even the most basic 950cc manual gearshift runabout has an external temperature display. They need to get this fixed.
While I disagree with the need for it, it should be fixed though as it’s obviously meant to be there.

Can the other software versions, for the Trophy anyway, be found in the ‘not so secret’ menu?

Can the other software versions, for the Trophy anyway, be found in the ‘not so secret’ menu?
You can get a few, but not all...

FICM MCU version
FICM MPU version
FICM App integration version
FICM WLAN firmware
FICM Bluetooth firmware
Map navigation version
Map engine version
VR version
T-BOX MCU version
T-BOX Modem version
T-BOX MPU version
T-BOX BT version
DSP version

While I disagree with the need for it, it should be fixed though as it’s obviously meant to be there.

I'm surprised you don't see the need for it, but a lot of people rely on it, and it's been a standard feature on even the most basic model cars for many years. It works perfectly on R13. It's staggering that they lost it on R16, and even more staggering that they don't seem to have fixed it yet.

I'm surprised you don't see the need for it, but a lot of people rely on it, and it's been a standard feature on even the most basic model cars for many years. It works perfectly on R13. It's staggering that they lost it on R16, and even more staggering that they don't seem to have fixed it yet.
The most staggering bit for me is that the "°C"-display is still there - just to be left blank.

Had our car (eta: ME23, Trophy) for 2 months, on R30, and we've noticed:
  • Unnecessary Emergency braking - for example, backing out of parking; the electric tangerine doesn't trust that the 2 cars parked on either side won't jump into its path
  • Console completely freezes - Radio/ AC/ Sat Nav just fail to respond, audio stops, etc. (pretty much every drive)
  • Will not generate a QR code to use the app. Hangs, and then says No Network after about 5 minutes.

We can see there are Updates Available, but when we press the upgrade button, it throws up a No Network error.

Called the dealer to ask them about it and they told us "Software isn't Service", so would not book us in.
ummm ???

Last edited:
Had our car (eta: ME23, Trophy) for 2 months, on R30, and we've noticed:
  • Unnecessary Emergency braking - for example, backing out of parking; the electric tangerine doesn't trust that the 2 cars parked on either side won't jump into its path
  • Console completely freezes - Radio/ AC/ Sat Nav just fail to respond, audio stops, etc. (pretty much every drive)
  • Will not generate a QR code to use the app. Hangs, and then says No Network after about 5 minutes.

We can see there are Updates Available, but when we press the upgrade button, it throws up a No Network error.

Called the dealer to ask them about it and they told us "Software isn't Service", so would not book us in.
ummm ???
Your dealer is quite frankly appalling. They should set up the app for you or at least help you set it up, and if you are not happy with an aspect of the car then at very least offer to look into it for you to try and find a solution. Go elsewhere for your servicing you shouldn't give them any more of your money.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 505 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back