MG4 Software Update Thread

Latest SE version is 1100R33
Your dealer might not have been allowed to install it because there might be some requirements such as other firmware updates to be installed before upgrading the infotainment unit.
That's precisely the frustrating issue we're all running into! There are several calculator firmwares that must be updated to the correct version before installing a new release. MG’s guidelines and procedures are minimal and don’t seem to cover every situation.

This makes the entire process long, complicated, and may explain why dealers are reluctant to update cars to the latest version.

I can understand their position to some extent but at the same time, updating cars is also part of their job!

Went in for updates on phase 1 Exclusive/Trophy due to a list of complaints.
Now on R46, with the refreshed air con screen etc.
There was a list of 6/7 ECUs with updates carried out.

Since getting it the day/night switching has much improved.
Screen still defaults to day mode when starting at night though, still have to flick headlights to fix.
Tyre pressure is now not giving an alert when slightly below pressure in cold weather.
Previously the rear would go at 2.4 BAR and even though the pressure would return to 2.6 after a short drive the error would remain. Now there is no warning at 2.4. I don't know if they lowered the threshold or it now accounts for the temperature.
Apparently there was a fix for the auto headlights too.
AC is still about 4 degrees off.
Rear collision assist (three quick flashes of indicators) still occurs occasionally when cars go past in an adjacent lane.
It'll take week or two to know how Bluetooth is.
No one-pedal driving sadly.

If the Bluetooth remains connected I'll be happy.
Update on this.

BT steady. Auto headlights improved, much faster toggling.

More significant is that LKA is substantially better.
I was told when I got the car in February that the LKA recall update was already done. So I don't know if there has been another update to it, or they never actually did the initial one. I suspect the latter. But there are way fewer activations and the ones that occur are much more gentle.

I can say with almost 100% certainty that most (if not all) complaints about connectivity and Bluetooth pairing are with Trophy models ... SE models seem to be rock solid in this respect.
Sorry we have it the other way, if Bluetooth music is enabled on the phone (Android 12) which it has to be to get voice guidance on Google maps the system switches over randomly to Bluetooth music😡

You're quoting a post I made over 3 months ago. AFAIK you're the first SE owner to comment about Bluetooth issues.

I've not had Bluetooth drop at all. I do find that the volume controls sometimes do odd things when the phone is around, and if I plug the phone in I usually have to tell the car, no please stay on the radio, but that's about it.

Ah! I've misinterpreted what @Davn meant - I thought he meant other SE owners with BT issues, but I guess he may have meant other issues.

To be fair though, I think the SE has fewer issues than the Trophy.

I agree. Less fancy software to go wrong. Also, the Trophy seems plagued with intermittent issues, which can be particularly annoying. The SE tends to do the same things predictably, which is less annoying even if they're not what you want it to do.

I've not had Bluetooth drop at all. I do find that the volume controls sometimes do odd things when the phone is around, and if I plug the phone in I usually have to tell the car, no please stay on the radio, but that's about it.
I'm not sure if this is the same Bluetooth issue or not, but mine often drops the sound when making a call, either I can't hear the other person or they can't hear me.

Can confirm there is an R33 version for the SE. Had my SE LR updated today due to losing the outside temp display and issues with the air con temperature. Temp display is back (yay!) And another bonus is I can now change the drive or regen mode using the left star button which was previously not possible on the SEView attachment 21324
Do you mind if I ask which dealer did the 1100R33 update ?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back