MG4 Software Update Thread

Slightly off topic, but I have a 13 year old Nissan Leaf and that has had precisely zero updates since new!

Yeah, but your 13 year old Nissan Leaf probably wasn't released with high tech features and sensors, and two displays. Hell, even a 2014 Nissan Leaf looks dated compared to overall new EV's. The MG4 is basically a computer on wheels. The Leaf is more old school, like I wish my MG4 was to be honest.

Yeah, but your 13 year old Nissan Leaf probably wasn't released with high tech features and sensors, and two displays. Hell, even a 2014 Nissan Leaf looks dated compared to overall new EV's. The MG4 is basically a computer on wheels. The Leaf is more old school, like I wish my MG4 was to be honest.
Think of current EVs as the early era of smartphones. Early on the phones were buggy and updates were difficult, but in time the manufacturers made them slick and simple. Like a phone, there's only so much a car can do, so they will get to the appliance stage sooner or later.

Think of current EVs as the early era of smartphones. Early on the phones were buggy and updates were difficult, but in time the manufacturers made them slick and simple. Like a phone, there's only so much a car can do, so they will get to the appliance stage sooner or later.
Good analogy, except that an early EV wouldn't even play Snake!
1ff61150353689.58cebfc53e8bf.gif

Maybe, but you can't update the damn car, unless you bring it to the dealer. Huuuuge mistake there.

Maybe, but you can't update the damn car, unless you bring it to the dealer. Huuuuge mistake there.
Not that unusual to be honest, most large orgs don't let employees update their computers - it's done centrally so IT aren't constantly firefighting messed up installations. Makes sense for most car companies to do this who aren't strong on software like Tesla are.

Something is strange after R46 update!
In the "Greetings" function, it is possible to type the greeting you want to hear at the ready stage.
However, I can't find the space bar or key! Nor on navigation but that gives word suggestions. No big deal as Underscore works instead.

Another R46 bug, in custom drive mode pedal force function don't work. I tried a few time to set Normal HP and Comfort pedal force, it's just don't work and reset to normal pedal force every time.

Hello,

since the latest Assistent-Update (don't know which Version) the car changed his behavior...

1.) ACC
Increase speed: short press value is now 1 km/h or 1 mile/h - long pressing changes in 5 steps

2.) The car did not slow down anymore in corners

3.) Long-Pressing the Pilot/Steering-Wheel button enables/disables TJA (without using the Touchscreen)

(MG4 SE/SR 51 Battery... Model 2022)

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the same response from my dealer (I'm on R33 , Trophy by the way) anyway I have decided not to pursue the R46 update any further as apparently it doesn't definitely cure Bluetooth unpairing and it can bring other issues such as left star button not being able to be programmed. So decided to stick with R33 , and on the occasions when the Bluetooth does unpair I ignore the message popup , press home until it restarts and hey presto Bluetooth is restored.
My M2 Trophy is also on R33,have the car 8 months now and not a single issue

Hello,

since the latest Assistent-Update (don't know which Version) the car changed his behavior...

1.) ACC
Increase speed: short press value is now 1 km/h or 1 mile/h - long pressing changes in 5 steps

3.) Long-Pressing the Pilot/Steering-Wheel button enables/disables TJA (without using the Touchscreen)

There’s a thread specific to the 1100R33 infotainment update for the SE SR where these and several other improvements have been documented. You might want to check that those improvements in your car are indeed related to that version of the software.

Here's some info about the update for the Forward Collision Warning (FCW) system in Australian MG4's

Hopefully it fixes the scary phantom braking issue

Before anyone in the UK or Europe asks about their MG4 I have no idea if a similar update will be available for you or if we're catching up on an update you already have, sorry

Hello,

1.) ACC

Several people have reported this in the thread about the R33 update. I'm really looking forward to getting this!

I hear that Android Auto now leaves a stripe at the top for the infotaiment basic info, and looks slightly weird. Seems like a small price to pay.

I haven't figured out how to play videos anyway!

Hello,

1.) ACC

How you got this update? I think they just updated the infotainment for me.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 500 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back