MG4 Trophy DAB Radio Issues

austinp693

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Morning All

New to this forum but had my MG4 Trophy over 2 weeks now and still having issues with the DAb Radio. It cuts out every 3-4 seconds then can go a long while with no siganl at all. Been back to the garage and they say "found nothing wrong" so now showed them video evidence.
Any body else getting this issue, software updates are all up to date but it it that bad and very annoying.

Lee

Morning All

New to this forum but had my MG4 Trophy over 2 weeks now and still having issues with the DAb Radio. It cuts out every 3-4 seconds then can go a long while with no siganl at all. Been back to the garage and they say "found nothing wrong" so now showed them video evidence.
Any body else getting this issue, software updates are all up to date but it it that bad and very annoying.

Lee
I get exactly this problem as well. Sometimes when first powered up there's no DAB available at all. I'm wondering if it's associated with the aerial, or lack thereof. It could be that using just a few rows of wire embedded in the rear screen isn't sensitive enough.
Has anyone tried boosting the signal or trying to splice in a shark fin?

I get exactly this problem as well. Sometimes when first powered up there's no DAB available at all. I'm wondering if it's associated with the aerial, or lack thereof. It could be that using just a few rows of wire embedded in the rear screen isn't sensitive enough.
Its booked in at the garage again tomorrow, will keep you updated mate. Lee

The aerials fine works lovely in my MG4 Peasant Edition DAB all day long, one perk of being held captive in the car 😂

All

So, just came back from the MG dealership/service desk. Radio still not working and according to them, because it does not impact on the driving of the car then it doesn't need to be fixed as a matter of priority. They can investigate with MG headquarters (3 months minimum) but I cannot return the car as it still drives!! UNBELIEVABLE, onto twitter I go!!!!

Also, this will make you laugh, they had to replace the O/S rear braking glass as it was letting in water, now one ordered, installed and this one leaks as well. You could not make this shit up!!!!!

All

So, just came back from the MG dealership/service desk. Radio still not working and according to them, because it does not impact on the driving of the car then it doesn't need to be fixed as a matter of priority. They can investigate with MG headquarters (3 months minimum) but I cannot return the car as it still drives!! UNBELIEVABLE, onto twitter I go!!!!

Also, this will make you laugh, they had to replace the O/S rear braking glass as it was letting in water, now one ordered, installed and this one leaks as well. You could not make this sh*t up!!!!!
FM sounds better anyway 🤣

All

Also, this will make you laugh, they had to replace the O/S rear braking glass as it was letting in water, now one ordered, installed and this one leaks as well. You could not make this sh*t up!!!!!
Not surprised really, I'd be tempted to find a different dealer, have a look at ratings online and see if you can find a good one near you

DAB is ok most of the time for me, but occasionally does fade in and out, and when this happens it wont let me change station as says they are all unavailable. I don't believe this is low signal area but hard to tell as I've not had a car with DAB before

Hello, My DAB radio failed, and then the two screens (Home screen and icon screen) started to flip from one to the other. I took the car back and they replaced the infotainment screen, which also failed 200 miles later. I have waited over 60 days for the spare parts and the dealer won’t answer the phone or emails.

take a look on line about what constitutes ‘not fit for purpose’, as they shouldn’t just fob you off by calling it a minor problem.

cheers

Matt

Hello, My DAB radio failed, and then the two screens (Home screen and icon screen) started to flip from one to the other. I took the car back and they replaced the infotainment screen, which also failed 200 miles later. I have waited over 60 days for the spare parts and the dealer won’t answer the phone or emails.

take a look on line about what constitutes ‘not fit for purpose’, as they shouldn’t just fob you off by calling it a minor problem.

cheers

Matt
Don't think anyone can defend this attitude from your dealer it's a disgrace, something as simple as communication and they refuse to answer

I have just Emailed the MD of MG cars UK via Linkedin. I want a replacement car, not a repaired one so will keep you all updated how I get on.

I've been plagued with this problem,which the dealer hasn't sorted, since November. In desperation I turned Bluetooth on my phone off, tuned into Radio 2 on my phone, set up AndroidAuto on my phone and cabled up to car. PROBLEM SOLVED! Clear radio sound, no cutting out when messages drop into phone and AndroidAuto directions given before reverting to Radio.

I've been plagued with this problem,which the dealer hasn't sorted, since November. In desperation I turned Bluetooth on my phone off, tuned into Radio 2 on my phone, set up AndroidAuto on my phone and cabled up to car. PROBLEM SOLVED! Clear radio sound, no cutting out when messages drop into phone and AndroidAuto directions given before reverting to Radio.
But you shouldn't have to have resorted to that, you purchased the car and it should work!

Update on my issues re DAB Radio not working. No reply from the MD of MG, didnt expect a reply to be honest but have told the dealership (FG Barnes) that I will give them to the end of this month to come up with a solution. Either its fixed or a full refund (which you can request as I reported the issue within 24 hours of purchasing the vehicle).
Lets see what happens!!

Lee

All

An update about my radio issue from day 1.

Here we are, 6 months down the line, its had countless software updates, new parts fitted to the radio system and still no DAB/FM radio. When it does play, the sound disappears after several minutes, silence is golden but not when your doing 50 miles a day to & from work!!!
The dealership (FG Barnes, Maidstone) had the car for 3 months due to it locking me in and catching fire (thats another thread) and then guaranteed me that the radio was working fine.
Literaaly 2 mins up the road and it stopped working again.

So, after 6 months, I have decided to ask for a completely new MG4 Trophy which under the law I can do (Consumer Regulations act 2015) but the dealership don't even answer my comms now.
Such is the amount of times I have been in there to see them, my case lies with the regional Sales Manager and 4 emails later, not even a reply!!
They have my money, they dont care is the feeling I get!

Feel really let down, nice car to drive apart from that but the whole infotainment system is buggy, slow, bluetooth don't connect, come on MG, you can do better than that.

I will update you more when I have some answers.

Lee

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 501 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel