MG4 Trophy Heater Controls

Kenny H

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi

Yesterday I picked up my new MG4 Trophy. Everything seems fine except I cannot seem to get the heater working correctly. In my previous cars with climate control I have set the controls to auto and the temperature at 21 or 22 Deg C and it seems to work fine in all weather conditions. With the MG4 I just seem to be cold all the time. I appreciate that I haven't given it a lot of time but I have tried switching the AC off and selecting a manual fan speed but I was still cold.

Ant advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I think the cars internal temperature sensor isn't programmed right.
Until they fix it, you could use the heated seats instead?
They're even pre-startable from the phone app.

Hi

Yesterday I picked up my new MG4 Trophy. Everything seems fine except I cannot seem to get the heater working correctly. In my previous cars with climate control I have set the controls to auto and the temperature at 21 or 22 Deg C and it seems to work fine in all weather conditions. With the MG4 I just seem to be cold all the time. I appreciate that I haven't given it a lot of time but I have tried switching the AC off and selecting a manual fan speed but I was still cold.

Ant advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
I've seen a few posts like this, where you need to set the internal temperature to something a lot higher than you would normally - try 24 or 25 and see if that's more comfortable?
Seats and steering wheel would probably be more efficient though

I've seen a few posts like this, where you need to set the internal temperature to something a lot higher than you would normally - try 24 or 25 and see if that's more comfortable?
Seats and steering wheel would probably be more efficient though
I know that when I collected mine, it was lovely and warm.
Took a good 10-15 minutes to notice my dealer had set it to 34C!

Thanks all

I have done a quick check and with it set on 25C it appears to settle at 22C so it works fine but just out of calibration. Is this something that can be corrected by the dealer?

Similar to other comments, I find that 24 degrees is most comfortable, way above any setting I used on previous cars.

My feet are always cold despite sending the warm air downwards with the a/c controls. Dealer said there were no problems with the heating system.
I have the same problem too. I've found that closing the dash vents allows more air to be directed to the footwell areas. Set to 27C, fan speed 5 and only feet is acceptable but I still end up feeling that my upper body is too warm whilst my feet are cold.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back