MG4 Trophy in Volcano Orange, collecting before end SeptemberšŸ¤ž

It's not fair :cry:

My dealer has just rung me as well, offering me first dibs on a red, black or white Trophy in September. My wife, however, has put her foot down and insisted we get the Orange Trophy.

Unfortunately for us, my dealer's management have insisted that the Orange Trophy they will be receiving must be retained as the showroom car and is not to be sold.

My only option, assuming I wish to remain married, is to place the order for an orange one now then wait another 4 to 5 months for it to be delivered.

All this after waiting most of 2022 waiting for a mythical ZS!!!!

Another option is to phone around other dealers and hopefully you will strike gold (orange)

Same drama I had with my zs Ev. Waited 7 months for it.
Didnā€™t I hear somewhere that mg was planning on upping their numbers to 20000 per year... all when they are still struggling to supply 1-2 cars?
learn to crawl before you can walk let alone runā€¦

It's not fair :cry:

My dealer has just rung me as well, offering me first dibs on a red, black or white Trophy in September. My wife, however, has put her foot down and insisted we get the Orange Trophy.

Unfortunately for us, my dealer's management have insisted that the Orange Trophy they will be receiving must be retained as the showroom car and is not to be sold.

My only option, assuming I wish to remain married, is to place the order for an orange one now then wait another 4 to 5 months for it to be delivered.

All this after waiting most of 2022 waiting for a mythical ZS!!!!
Book yourself in to buy it when it is done as a demonstrator and save some Ā£Ā£'s

Just been to my local dealer. He has confirmed that they are receiving 4 cars. Two SEā€™s in white and two Trophy in Orange, one of which is mine. He thinks collection on 17/9/22 is probable. šŸ˜€
Wow.

I am still waiting for my ZS EV which I ordered in December I have put down a deposit for MG4 trophy and will be interested to see which one comes first

Just been to my local dealer. He has confirmed that they are receiving 4 cars. Two SEā€™s in white and two Trophy in Orange, one of which is mine. He thinks collection on 17/9/22 is probable. šŸ˜€
Congratulations!

Would you be able to check the DRLs on the Trophy?
MG mentions that they are integrated into the bumper indicator lights.

Screenshot_20220905-205859_Samsung Internet.jpg

I haven't seen this in any review so just checking if there has been a change in the specifications.

Congratulations!

Would you be able to check the DRLs on the Trophy?
MG mentions that they are integrated into the bumper indicator lights.

View attachment 10758
I haven't seen this in any review so just checking if there has been a change in the specifications.
Iā€™ve been wondering about this also. Iā€™ll know more when I see the car but exact date not available yet. There is a thread on specs, Iā€™ll post this question there

Aren't they the led strips down the outside of the false ducts in front of each wheel? They only appear present on the Trophy.

MG 4.jpg

MG4 UK 2022-15.jpg

Last edited:
Aren't they the led strips down the outside of the false ducts in front of each wheel? They only appear present on the Trophy.

View attachment 10760
Yes. Canā€™t see any reviews where these are daytime running lights which is what I thought spec was on Trophy and @Gem10 references in post #29ā€¦.

Congrats hopefully.

Wish my dealer(s) were as helpful.

Went to see an ID3 as a next best thing for real world viewing. Still seemingly on for the MG4 but I am now wondering whether I need a Trophy over the base SE... Is there Ā£6k difference?
Choices really, my mind was back and forth like a pendulum, in the end I personally couldnā€™t justify the extra so went for the SE in Artic white, it has all I need and more.

Choices really, my mind was back and forth like a pendulum, in the end I personally couldnā€™t justify the extra so went for the SE in Artic white, it has all I need and more.
I went the other way Trophy with tri paint!

Wanted the white but not sure if it's 'just ' a flat white. Would prefer a little extra pop to it. That said I really like the two Tone of the white especially with the trophy black roof.

I think the SE would do me fine. Just the damn 360 camera!

Wanted the white but not sure if it's 'just ' a flat white. Would prefer a little extra pop to it. That said I really like the two Tone of the white especially with the trophy black roof.

Pretty sure both white and blue are solid colour

Pretty sure both white and blue are solid colour
White and blue are most likely just normal paint, as they're the "free" colours.

Enjoy, wonā€™t be long now šŸ˜ŠšŸ‘

Ordered straight away in August - or so I thought - just had my dealer confirm that a Trophy will not be available for me until November at the earliest - they are receiving 5 from the batch of 1000 UK wide - and the 5 they are getting have all been allocated elsewhere. Any dealers with stock coming who have not yet been allocated to pre-orders - anybody know?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 507 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back