MG4 tyre pressures - comfort and economy

Be careful about putting too much pressure in the tyres. I put an extra 5 psi in my rear tyres of my Ford Focus when I went from Derby to Plymouth to catch the ferry. This was within the recommended pressure for a fully loaded car. Handling was fine but it caused castellation/sawtoothing of the rubber blocks on the inside of the rear tyres which manifested as an annoying hum. The only cure was to replace the tyres :(

Be careful about putting too much pressure in the tyres. I put an extra 5 psi in my rear tyres of my Ford Focus when I went from Derby to Plymouth to catch the ferry. This was within the recommended pressure for a fully loaded car. Handling was fine but it caused castellation/sawtoothing of the rubber blocks on the inside of the rear tyres which manifested as an annoying hum. The only cure was to replace the tyres :(
Is that for me? Have I put too much in? Maybe that’s why I’m fishtailing over cats eyes in the rain yikes 😟

Ah the old Plymouth to Roscoff no doubt 😉

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.7%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel