MG4 Undertray dip/bulge

Before I read 40 pages of posts, does the fix/modification (official or not) show any improvements in terms of aerodynamics whether it’s noise reduction or energy consumption?
Over to our Australian contingent - anyone tried it? Does it actually exist?
I wouldn't notice noise reduction as I always follow the advice of a mate who was a mechanic and have the music loud. Regards energy consumption, again I would imagine it's very difficult to quantify as there are so many contributing factors, certainly by the man in the street. My concerns are crap, specifically corrosive road salt getting up there and corroding parts and going unnoticed and aerodynamics with subsequent effects. It is outside of the designed specification.

A properly fitting undertray would appear to be a statistical anomaly, possible , but unlikely.
When I was last at my dealer (getting the SOH checked) I looked at 2x SEs and 1x X-Power in the showroom ... the X-Power had a noticeably-warped undertray but the ones on the SEs were very flat.

My concerns are crap, specifically corrosive road salt getting up there and corroding parts and going unnoticed and aerodynamics with subsequent effects. It is outside of the designed specification.
Not to mention getting it ripped off or damaged. On the lanes near here some potholes get to 4" deep before they're repaired - even inching through them is a bit worrying.

When I was last at my dealer (getting the SOH checked) I looked at 2x SEs and 1x X-Power in the showroom ... the X-Power had a noticeably-warped undertray but the ones on the SEs were very flat.
Mine (se lr) was very flat when I collected it at the beginning of March. 3 weeks and a 591 miles later = warped and bulgey.
Definitely the mileage doing it as it had been 'resting' for 10 months between being built and me taking delivery. I e. It has just warped over time.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 472 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 79 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.7%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back