MG4 Wheels

Yeah 19's in the pics/video although searching them up on the interwebs it looks like you can get them in 18's also if you prefer a bit more rubber.
Hard to believe those are 18's in your Leaf pic, that chunky boi makes them look like 15s... but thats evs for you. 😅

18s were the sweet spot, 19s were just too much.
Lowering the front would have helped, the ride height at the back was perfect.

Best upgrade option in my view to keep it original is: 18 inch from MG4 Performance version.

Attachments

• 18inch.JPG
    18inch.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 452
Most companies just fit nice alloys to begin with.
MG have decided bad alloys and then covers are a better idea.
I don’t really mind as the covers look good, but it’s a bit weird.
id.3 base has steels with aero covers

How much more expensive would aero alloys have been over the alloys and covers it comes with?
Not stirring genuine question!

How much more expensive would aero alloys have been over the alloys and covers it comes with?
Not stirring genuine question!

Given the very basic design of the alloys, it’s not unreasonable to suggest they won’t have needed any design time (off the shelf design) and will have been very cheap to buy.
So in my mind feasible alloys + covers is cheaper than designing and machining proper alloys.

Given the very basic design of the alloys, it’s not unreasonable to suggest they won’t have needed any design time (off the shelf design) and will have been very cheap to buy.
So in my mind feasible alloys + covers is cheaper than designing and machining proper alloys.
Nice aero alloys would really be the one thing that would enhance the looks of the car

I actually don’t think the alloys look that bad with the covers removed. Not the greatest looking but ok. Equally as nice as the alloys that are supplied and covered with trims on the Tesla M3.

Nice aero alloys would really be the one thing that would enhance the looks of the car

Yeah, but I’m REALLY fussy about wheels and don’t mind the covers one bit.
They don’t stick out as covers and I like the design.
I certainly wouldn’t remove them in favour of the Halfords value range alloys underneath.

Well I think that the plastic wheel covers are a good idea. My current car unfortunately has kerb damage to all 4 wheels. And they can cost quite a lot to repair. Dealer says the MG4 aero covers are under £50 to replace. What is not too like.
Probably £50 each more like, it's cheaper to have alloys repaired.

Probably £50 each more like, it's cheaper to have alloys repaired.

Where do you get alloys repaired for £50?
Also replacing a cover doesn’t need you to make an appointment, go elsewhere and do without the car for a day.
Yes I’m aware some alloy places come to you, but definitely not for £50!

It's not the cost, so much as the weight saving.

Making an aerodynamic alloy wheel with the same profile as the aero trims would use an awful lot of metal. By using a lightweight alloy wheel, and covering it with a plastic aero cover, they can reduce the unsprung mass of the wheel, which in turn aids performance and efficiency.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back