MG4 Windows dropping?

Are the window buttons that sensitive, that you could easily activate them unintentionally, can't remember from my test drive

I wouldn’t have thought that the window buttons would be exclusive to the MG4.

Today came back to car after shopping to find passenger side rear window fully down. Luckily not raining. Had the car a month and it's not done this before. If it does it again I'll report it to my dealer.

We had this happen within 3 days of picking up car, rear near side window was completely open on returning to the car after going to the shops. If it happens again we'll refer back to dealers as there does seem to be a trend here judging by all the previous comments.

We had this happen within 3 days of picking up car, rear near side window was completely open on returning to the car after going to the shops. If it happens again we'll refer back to dealers as there does seem to be a trend here judging by all the previous comments.
That's exactly the same window which fully opened on my Trophy. Not done it since.

On separate occasions I had off-side windows drop half an inch or so. Maybe I had accidentally touched the rocker switch as I exited the car.

Usually I need to put a lot of my weight onto the ledge that houses the rocker switches as I squeeze out of a tight parking space. I wonder if my weight on the ledge is affecting the switches.

I now check all the rocker switches as I get out of the car. I haven’t had a problem since.

This is sounding a lot like the button is being inadvertently touched when getting out the car, the fact that on a lot of occasions it is the same window points to this for me (rather than being an actual fault)

This has also happened to me a couple of times, and can confirm it is my fat fingers.
Also due to the fact that the buttons are placed exactly where I push the door to open. And also there is no handle on the ledge to grab hold of, just took me a little time to adjust not having a handle on the door.
Now I have no open windows, accidental or otherwise.

I find that the windows will auto-open from a single press (of the driver's door buttons) ... so you might have touched the switch without realising.

If this is a bug, it might be related to software version, though I think probably not to do with the entertainment unit, so hard for us to check.

Has anyone had this who got their car recently, say in 2023?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 500 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back