MG4 Windows dropping?

For the 2nd time this morning I have found the drivers side rear window open about 25 mm it happen a few week ago but thought nothing off it, and I said to my wife just check before you lock up the windows are closed and she swears she has been checking but this morning we have a very small pool of water on the floor in the rear foot well plus a wet rear seat as any one else had anything like this
Les
yep, me too, several times. Oddly, all occasions were in a short time interval (a couple of weeks), this was about 6 weeks ago and hasn't happened since. It may be a software/firm/hardware glitch initiated by a particular set of circumstances, i.e. hard to sort unless one can be caught 'in the act' by a datalogger.

Had this happen to us at least a couple of times this first week of ownership.

Build date 30.12.2022.

Still not sure whether it's us or the car. But amount of people affected here is a concern.

Happened to me again. I drove into a car park (all windows were fully closed). I parked and got out of the car leaving my door open as I walked over to read the parking charges. When I came back the near side rear window was fully down. I’m very conscious about not touching the rocker switches as I exit the car. Maybe pressure on the door ledge but not the actual switches is the cause?

I had previously reported this problem to my dealer who found no issue.

Please continue to report if your windows drop.

My near side rear dropped a few inches when I parked at home. 100% me as I squeezed out of my door having parked close to my wifes car and brushed the door card pretty firmly.

I didn’t think about it at the time but once indoors I saw it down. Near side rear is closest switch to the edge of the arm rest. Has not happened before or since

My near side rear dropped a few inches when I parked at home. 100% me as I squeezed out of my door having parked close to my wifes car and brushed the door card pretty firmly.

I didn’t think about it at the time but once indoors I saw it down. Near side rear is closest switch to the edge of the arm rest. Has not happened before or since

Hoping this is what we've done. Same window.

Sounds to me like this may be a desirable feature.

When the car deadlocks because of the key bug, wait for the window bug to let you out :D

Found my passenger window all the way down after returning from the shop. Don’t think it was accidentally opened but I’m not really sure either. Could be clumsy fingers.
Too bad the locking window button resets when powered off.

There’s clearly an issue here that needs to be addressed by MG.

It’s either a poor design which means users accidentally touch the rocker switches. In which case future editions of the car need to be modified to eliminate this problem.

Or, it’s a software fault which needs to be identified and corrected.

Unless we report all instances (including If you think the windows dropped because you caught the switch) MG won’t know about the issue and won’t initiate a fix.

A few times I’ve locked the car only to find the passenger window open

I told my kids off but they insisted it wasn’t them

I thought out it’s me when I get out of the car I’m opening it with my elbow

But now I know it’s a fault

Last edited:
Unless we report all instances
I raised it with my dealer but I'm not confident it will be passed on.

I'm a little disappointed it doesn't have the feature as on my past few cars: holding down the unlock or lock remote button opens or closes all the windows. Then again, all these little software add-ons increase the risk of introducing another bug :unsure:

Yeah picked up 11/1/23. SE SR.

edit. Build date 12th Oct 2022.
How can you tell the build date please?

My passenger window still dropping after locked it.

This is actually very serious from a security point of view.

Insurance won’t pay up if items are stolen from your car, you are not covered if the window is open.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 500 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back