MG4 Windows dropping?

I'm starting to think I get out of my car in a weird way or something as I can't even imagine how any part of your body would even come close to the window controls when getting in or out.

I get out by opening the door, swivelling both legs over the sill and then pushing up using my elbows on the wheel and door frame. How do other people get out?

I'm starting to think I get out of my car in a weird way or something as I can't even imagine how any part of your body would even come close to the window controls when getting in or out.

I get out by opening the door, swivelling both legs over the sill and then pushing up using my elbows on the wheel and door frame. How do other people get out?
I must be weird too. I don't go anywhere near the window buttons either.
Open the door, swing legs out with right hand on steering wheel then the left elbow pushes on the B post and the right elbow on A post.

I think it happened when I was opening the door, rather than getting out. I did realise I'd done it once, a couple of days ago, just a touch and the window was only open a crack, but to realise I'd managed to leave the front passenger window right down when I parked at the hotel was a bit of a surprise. I'll try to watch what I'm doing when I'm in and out of the car today.

Although that might not be typical. I tripped and fell last night and I've injured my left upper arm a bit. Feels like the left biceps is strained or bruised. Hopefully I can still drive OK! But getting in and out might not be the usual performance.

Haven't had a problem inadvertently hitting the window switches, did however manage to knock the lights completely off just as I was approaching a corner at 60mph in the pitch dark of a January evening.
Went to put the brights on and my thumb caught the selector switch, took me a terrified second to work out what just happened 😮

I've found this happening a number of times, we always check that all the windows are closed when leaving the car, but still find on occasions 1 of the windows is open on returning. On 1worrying occasion ALL the windows were down
Our local dealer couldn't find a fault with the windows when they had the car in, Don't know what to do now, except put up with it. We will certainly never buy any MG car again

It's a problem I had and reported, it is simply catching your hand on the switches when you move to get out of the car. As soon as you are aware you are doing it - you stop doing it. It's one of those sub-conscious things
If that's the case, why is it still happening , when we look back at the car and see all the windows are closed, but upon returning to the car , find 1 or more of the windows open . I'm not talking a little open , I mean open all the way. And how did we manage to catch all 4 buttons on the occasion we came back to find all the windows open. It must be a fault with the car surely.

If that's the case, why is it still happening , when we look back at the car and see all the windows are closed, but upon returning to the car , find 1 or more of the windows open . I'm not talking a little open , I mean open all the way. And how did we manage to catch all 4 buttons on the occasion we came back to find all the windows open. It must be a fault with the car surely.
I did remember the same problem - it happened to me, walk back to the car and be totally surprised the windows were all down...it stopped happening and i just put it down to my error, maybe there was something else causing it. I have never had my car in for a software update but it was delivered 23rd Dec 2022. it has stopped happening - I do not think the car has OTA updates. baffling.

I did remember the same problem - it happened to me, walk back to the car and be totally surprised the windows were all down...it stopped happening and i just put it down to my error, maybe there was something else causing it. I have never had my car in for a software update but it was delivered 23rd Dec 2022. it has stopped happening - I do not think the car has OTA updates. baffling.
I wonder if there is a specific button press on the key fob that does it?

Well I far as I know the MG4 windows can not be opened or closed from the key fob they call it lazy lock function, so I think that can be ruled out, it is fitted the in the MG5 but not sure if all models have it, exclusive on the MK1 and Trophy on the MK2 or facelift version has it for certain.
Les

Possibly you are missing some core module updates that contain bug fixes to address this. It does not seem to be common at all.

Another possibility might be some kind of bad earth or intermittent electrical fault which happens to cause this.

I wonder if there is a specific button press on the key fob that does it?
The MG4 does not do this. There are aftermarket options to program it in.

I wish it did have global opening/closing.
Handy for these hot thundery days when you've left the windows cracked open a touch to keep the car cooler and it suddenly starts bucketing it down.

I note from the dates on the posts that it's nearly two months since I had the window-open issue at the spa hotel, and it hasn't happened again. I did notice myself touching the switch once as I got out of the car and immediately brought the window back up again, but that's all. Most (nearly all) of the time it doesn't cross my mind and it isn't happening.

(Sigh. So that means it's nearly two months since I buggered my left shoulder and the bloody thing is still sore, although it's a lot better.)

I note from the dates on the posts that it's nearly two months since I had the window-open issue at the spa hotel, and it hasn't happened again. I did notice myself touching the switch once as I got out of the car and immediately brought the window back up again, but that's all. Most (nearly all) of the time it doesn't cross my mind and it isn't happening.

(Sigh. So that means it's nearly two months since I buggered my left shoulder and the bloody thing is still sore, although it's a lot better.)
I seem to have the opposite problem: the driver's side windows suddenly won't open. Booked in next week - garage had no idea of the cause.

Hi Folks,
I`m new to this forum (first post) loving my MG 4 Trophy at the moment ! But I think I might have a problem with the windows when the car is locked up. I have noticed the rear windows have dropped slightly and the front passenger window was dropped fully one night making the passenger seat soaking wet. I`m pretty sure all windows have been shut each time (I am monitoring). Has anyone else had this issue?

Neil
I'm glad to have seen this thread as I also came back to my MG4 Trophy after an hour in a car park to find a rear window completely down. I couldnt understand how I had done that!

I'm glad to have seen this thread as I also came back to my MG4 Trophy after an hour in a car park to find a rear window completely down. I couldnt understand how I had done that!
I found this happened once in 6 months and 7.5k miles. I have concluded that I more than likely knocked the rear ns window switch when I got out as it is very easy to do. Never done it since. Cannot replicate it but I am now careful of not touching the window buttons when opening the driver's door.

This just happened to me. Went out this morning and front passenger window was fully down and absolutely soaked due to rain, overnight. Really think it’d have been noticed if it was an accidental pressing when getting out but you never know

I've had the passenger side front and rear windows both drop about a cm together (enough to let water in when washing 😒). Not had it since (and keep checking now) so maybe a one off for me hopefully.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 512 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 87 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back