MG4 wont keep charging on granny charger at home

Handyman Cliff

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I have recently got my MG4 Trophy LR back from repair which took almost 5 months.
It was hit while parked and repair took so long mainly due to waiting for parts.

I have owned it from new and mainly only used the granny charger with the car parked in my driveway with no issues.

First time charging since receiving vehicle back from repair (25%) it stops charging periodically.
I am now at 68% only after lots of attempts to keep restarting the charge process. Locking, unlocking or via the app.
It starts charging successfully but usually stops within a few minutes.

Seriously concerned about what is going on as need the car for some long journeys now that I have it back.
Has anyone else had similar experiences and found a solution?

For the record I have updated the phone app since receiving the car back which now looks very different from before.

Any help or advice how to address would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Cliff

This is sounding alarmingly like another case of the CCU fault as first described in this thread.

The fault stops the car charging on any AC charger, but it will still charge on DC. Have a read at it anyway. That's an absolute bummer being without the car for five months then getting it back like this.

You need to see if it charges on another AC charger and try a DC charger. You may have the CCU problem as Rolfe says but it may be a software issue as Jomarkh says.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 506 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back