MG4 X-Power Orders & Delivery

Me too! I'm picking it up on Thursday 21st (as I'm away the first part of next week.
Has anyone tried to get insurance yet? I know I had problems with the facelift MG5 when it was new and only managed to get insurance for the MG4 when that was brand new 24hours before I picked it up.

so jealous but so happy.
Oh My God Omg GIF by The Office

Hoping to hear from my dealer soon but I’m still bracing for a bit more of a wait.

Me too! I'm picking it up on Thursday 21st (as I'm away the first part of next week.
Has anyone tried to get insurance yet? I know I had problems with the facelift MG5 when it was new and only managed to get insurance for the MG4 when that was brand new 24hours before I picked it up.
Hi
My current insurer (Churchill) could not find my Xpower and I had to cancel with them. Ended up with Hastings direct who were willing to quote me. I had been at my dealer over an hour sat in my new car faffing about trying to get covered which was a bit of a pain. I'm usually very well prepared and didn't expect them not to recognise the car on their system.

I think some mentioned MG drive away insurance to get you home so you can do it more sensibly at your leisure. Not sure on the details though.

It exists but you need to push your dealer to sort it out - they won't offer to do it. It gives you 5 days cover (from memory).

Hi
My current insurer (Churchill) could not find my Xpower and I had to cancel with them. Ended up with Hastings direct who were willing to quote me. I had been at my dealer over an hour sat in my new car faffing about trying to get covered which was a bit of a pain. I'm usually very well prepared and didn't expect them not to recognise the car on their system.
I think someone has previously mentioned but some insurers have MG (the old ones) and MG Motor UK (the new ones). Go Compare have this on their website so maybe someone in the call centre didn't fully understand.

Checked in with my dealer and it’s in the UK at least, transport planned so it’s just waiting on it coming up the country. Not likely to be soon though I suspect. 26th is current estimate.
On the plus side I did manage to find an insurance quote for “only” £600 (decent saving on the £800 best so far) so that improved my mood. ☺️

Checked in with my dealer and it’s in the UK at least, transport planned so it’s just waiting on it coming up the country. Not likely to be soon though I suspect. 26th is current estimate.
On the plus side I did manage to find an insurance quote for “only” £600 (decent saving on the £800 best so far) so that improved my mood. ☺️
Good News! It will feel like ages!
On the insurance front, I was bent over with no lubrication offered or received. Stuck at the dealer with Churchill refusing cover(not found on system) so my best quote on the day was £570.
I took it, but will do better next year when it's on all the insurers data bases.(I'm sure.???)

Hastings direct, I’m with them currently. They didn’t show up on comparisons till this week for me

I was quoted £440 through CTM but did need to choose MG Motor Co. Im ancient ☹️ and have full ncd, so will always vary from person to person. I always include my wife on the policy as it does bring the figure down.
Im currently with NFU Mutual who have specific ev cover, will be interesting to see what they quote at the time.

Hello everyone, I’ve added my details to the table. (That took a bit of working out!)
Ordered through Tusker on the 25th August with an Estimated date of Mid October, this has now changed to Late September. Test drove one at Perrys in Preston and loved it, disappointed it’s not coming from them as they were very helpful. Emailed Luscombe Motors Leeds the dealer to see if they had anymore news and didn’t even get a reply which hasn’t filled me full of confidence!
I currently drive a BMW M3 4.0L V8 so it’s going to be strange having all of the power and none of the noise!

NameOrderedColourDealerStatus
BrettusJune 22ndVolcano OrangeAcorn CreweLate Sept!
Seamust1000June 24thRacing GreenHoward's TauntonBeing Built
BartlettJuly 26thRedHoward's Yeovil
lsb777August 21stBlack PearlTusker (dealer TBC)Est January 24
pickleAugust 11thRacing GreenSal sac (Dealer TBC)Est 20/11/23
domsimAugust 16thWhiteSal sac (Dealer TBC)Est October/November
TychoAugust 23rdRacing GreenLex (dealer tbc)Est end Oct
Cymro333August 25thWhiteTusker (Stonecare)Est Late November
SajymundoAugust 21stRacing GreenLex (Dealer TBC)Est Nov
TTooedAugust 24thRacing GreenNovuna (Holdcroft MG)
LampymicAugust 25thRacing GreenTusker
(Luscombe Motors)
Late September

Hello everyone, I’ve added my details to the table. (That took a bit of working out!)
Ordered through Tusker on the 25th August with an Estimated date of Mid October, this has now changed to Late September. Test drove one at Perrys in Preston and loved it, disappointed it’s not coming from them as they were very helpful. Emailed Luscombe Motors Leeds the dealer to see if they had anymore news and didn’t even get a reply which hasn’t filled me full of confidence!
I currently drive a BMW M3 4.0L V8 so it’s going to be strange having all of the power and none of the noise!

NameOrderedColourDealerStatus
BrettusJune 22ndVolcano OrangeAcorn CreweLate Sept!
Seamust1000June 24thRacing GreenHoward's TauntonBeing Built
BartlettJuly 26thRedHoward's Yeovil
lsb777August 21stBlack PearlTusker (dealer TBC)Est January 24
pickleAugust 11thRacing GreenSal sac (Dealer TBC)Est 20/11/23
domsimAugust 16thWhiteSal sac (Dealer TBC)Est October/November
TychoAugust 23rdRacing GreenLex (dealer tbc)Est end Oct
Cymro333August 25thWhiteTusker (Stonecare)Est Late November
SajymundoAugust 21stRacing GreenLex (Dealer TBC)Est Nov
TTooedAugust 24thRacing GreenNovuna (Holdcroft MG)
LampymicAugust 25thRacing GreenTusker
(Luscombe Motors)
Late September
I don't understand Tusker. I ordered Aug 21st and told Jan 24. A colleague ordered same day and told Apr as Perry's don't deliver to his area (about 14 miles from me???) He cancelled his order as price had dropped and re-ordered with Tusker and this time got Perry's who've said Jan 24 same as me. I've ordered black he's ordered orange.

I don't understand Tusker. I ordered Aug 21st and told Jan 24. A colleague ordered same day and told Apr as Perry's don't deliver to his area (about 14 miles from me???) He cancelled his order as price had dropped and re-ordered with Tusker and this time got Perry's who've said Jan 24 same as me. I've ordered black he's ordered orange.
I suppose it depends on what colours they’re shipping. I’ve gone for the green which I would imagine MG are making the most XPowers in it being exclusive to that model.

My status on Tusker is Released From Factory, it changed to that very quickly.

I have tried to add my details to the list, but struggling with the ipad! Could someone do me a favour and add for me please. Ordered 13th September, White, Lex and nominated dealer is at Wolverhampton, estimated delivery Dec/Jan. Thank you

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom