MG4 X-Power Orders & Delivery

Hi lsb777, noticed you've also ordered via Tusker, where did you get your date? was it an email or on the tusker 'my car' portal. just checking as I've had two dates and 'awaiting build slot' see previous post.
Sorry didn't see I was mentioned. Date given on the Tusker portal and by email. They've confirmed Perrys dealership (Preston??) and mine still showing as "On order awaiting build slot" :-(

NameOrderedColourDealerStatus
BrettusJune 22ndVolcano OrangeAcorn CreweLate Sept!
Seamust1000June 24thRacing GreenHoward's TauntonBeing Built
BartlettJuly 26thRedHoward's Yeovil
lsb777August 21stBlack PearlTusker (Perrys, Preston)Est January 24
pickleAugust 11thRacing GreenLex (Dealer TBC)Est end Oct
domsimAugust 16thWhiteSal sac (Dealer TBC)Est October/November
TychoAugust 23rdRacing GreenLex (dealer tbc)Est end Oct
Cymro333August 25thWhiteTusker (Stonecare)Est Late November
SajymundoAugust 21stRacing GreenLex (Dealer TBC)Est late Sep
TTooedAugust 24thRacing GreenNovuna (Holdcroft MG)
LampymicAugust 25thRacing GreenTusker
(Luscombe Motors)
Late September
CooperSSeptember
13th
WhiteLex (Wolverhampton)Dec 23/Jan

Dealer update from me. I have taken the risk and re-quoted with Tusker. They've verbally assured me it won't affect the proposed delivery date, so I changed to Main Dealer Servicing and small relief car with 30 months and 10k miles for £441 on a 20% tax bracket (£10 p/m lower than before). I prefer to remain optimistic about the various niggles and teething problems in the whole MG4 range, but IF my Xpower does have any issues, then at least I wouldn't now be without a vehicle IF it has to go back to a dealer for a period of time.

prefer to remain optimistic about the various niggles and teething problems in the whole MG4 range
Thats why I have only gone for a two year lease, it wont be mine and it can go back, but hopefully will be ok. It was not that much more than 3 year price.

Thats why I have only gone for a two year lease, it wont be mine and it can go back, but hopefully will be ok. It was not that much more than 3 year price.
Yeah good thinking. Weirdly the 30 month was a sweet spot with Tusker as was cheaper than 24 or 36. If I like it which I'm sure I will, then I'll extend for an extra year as I did with my current Audi e-tron.

It's here!
20230921_163024- small.jpg

Things I like (compared to my SR/SE)

Button mappable to driving mode.
Auto up on all windows.
Seats
It's quick
Black gloss interior rather than scratchy plastic
Alcantara in the front doors.
Cameras!!! I missed those on my SE!
Heated things!

Things I don't like
One pedal driving seems to turn itself off each drive and you can't map it onto a steering wheel button (any fix for this?)
Tyres seem a little sketchy (but fun!)

Needs a couple of black bonnet stripes!

BrettusJune 22ndVolcano OrangeAcorn Crewe27th Sept collect.
(Luscombe Motors)
Late September
CooperSSeptember
13th
WhiteLex (Wolverhampton)Dec 23

Sorry didn't see I was mentioned. Date given on the Tusker portal and by email. They've confirmed Perrys dealership (Preston??) and mine still showing as "On order awaiting build slot" :-(

BrettusJune 22ndVolcano OrangeAcorn CreweLate Sept!
(Luscombe Motors)
Late September
CooperSSeptember
13th
WhiteLex (Wolverhampton)Dec 23/Jan

Dealer update from me. I have taken the risk and re-quoted with Tusker. They've verbally assured me it won't affect the proposed delivery date, so I changed to Main Dealer Servicing and small relief car with 30 months and 10k miles for £441 on a 20% tax bracket (£10 p/m lower than before). I prefer to remain optimistic about the various niggles and teething problems in the whole MG4 range, but IF my Xpower does have any issues, then at least I wouldn't now be without a vehicle IF it has to go back to a dealer for a period of time.
Hi Isb777, I'd ignore the Jan date until the tusker portal shows 'On order build slot confirmed'. Tusker told me the dates will change (sooner or later) when the order changes from 'awaiting build slot'. Looks like they're building the cars in batches of colours, green being the first batch and black possibly last? Just a guess with everyone currently receiving their green Xpowers.
You could try changing the colour? I wanted black but the MG sales man made a valid point that you are losing nice details when choosing black i.e black roof and black wing mirrors. Well you are still getting them but they will be lost in all that black :)

Last edited:
Look like they're building the cars in batches of colours, green being the first batch and black possibly last? Just a guess with the everyone currently receiving their green Xpowers.
:)
They did the same at the original MG4 launch. Orange Trophys everywhere, while I waited 6 months for a blue one.

My dealer took delivery of an Orange Xpower last week.
Out the back Wednesday when I popped in.
Not a customer order according to him.
He was going to put it on demo but thinks it might be best to just sell it.

Last edited:
Hi Isb777, I'd ignore the Jan date until the tusker portal shows 'On order build slot confirmed'. Tusker told me the dates will change (sooner or later) when the order changes from 'awaiting build slot'. Looks like they're building the cars in batches of colours, green being the first batch and black possibly last? Just a guess with everyone currently receiving their green Xpowers.
You could try changing the colour? I wanted black but the MG sales man made a valid point that you are losing nice details when choosing black i.e black roof and black wing mirrors. Well you are still getting them but they will be lost in all that black :)
Thanks - I did consider changing colour but the family didn't like the orange or green. I'd originally ordered the Trophy in red and they didn't like that either :-( Eventually decided that the black would be a good compromise and it'll definitely be a sleeper car and people will only guess if they see the orange calliper covers and me in the distance!! Just checked and on Tusker today it's actually £5 p/m cheaper to order the black Xpower than the black Trophy????

Got a call to say our delivery which was due 26th is now 2nd Oct due to a software recall/update. No More information than that unfortunately.
Hopefully that means you get a very up-to-date car with less niggles. Are people still enquiring with the dealership about ensuring the things like undertray bulges & oil leaks are definitely not present before attempting delivery?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom