MG4 X Power Vibe/Hum 65to75mph

I've had mine since September, but rarely go on any motorways. On the few occasions I have, I have not noticed anything like this.

As has been said many times before @JAD, it is a wholly subjective thing.
The vast majority of owners, have reported that they have the vibes but on the flip side there appears to be a few that don't have them or simply don't think it's an issue for them.
I have never owned a car that had a vibration from new and hope MG get to the bottom of it sooner rather than later.

Edit.
I find that since I've changed my tyres the vibes are very much reduced.
I can quite happily live with the car, as it is for as long as I own it.

My only real concern will come, come trade in or sale time when the person I'm selling to, who has done their research says "has this car got the vibes?"

Will it harm future values?

Those who have leased dont need to worry as they can just give it back.

This is all speculation of course because they may in fact come up with a fix.
Its just the sceptical part of me keeps thinking that they won't.

Last edited:
I've had mine since September, but rarely go on any motorways. On the few occasions I have, I have not noticed anything like this.
Think yourself lucky then 😁👍. The recent poll result was 22 Xpower owners had/are experienced the vibration against just 3 who hadn't .

Can you Drift in an X Power? 😉🙂
There's plenty of opposite lock going on by the driver in the Nurburgring Youtube video if you havent seen it 😉😂

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm waiting for some snow to find out 🤪

Or a wet empty car park???

Just remember to turn off esc first 👍
It is a bit off topic, so I answer short to the question. I have tried on the snow with ESC off, and the ESC is not really completely off. So not good to drift as the car still takes some control.

The MG dealership has been sent a steering wheel damper to fit to my XPower as a trial, to see if it fixes the vibration/resonance issue, though I'm sceptical (booked in for 30th of this month). However SAIC have failed to send any installation instructions... not even in Chinese! 🤦🏼‍♀️🙈🙉🙊

The MG dealership has been sent a steering wheel damper to fit to my XPower as a trial, to see if it fixes the vibration/resonance issue, though I'm sceptical (booked in for 30th of this month). However SAIC have failed to send any installation instructions... not even in Chinese! 🤦🏼‍♀️🙈🙉🙊
Be interesting to see how you get on m8 but this has already failed to make a difference in Australia.
Perhaps it's been redesigned?
Chin on.

They need to:
  • Find a car that reliably does it
  • Give it to their engineering department and instrument it and test
  • Determine the cause
  • Tell people what the problem is
  • Design and release a fix (with instructions)
  • Tell all the dealers about it

I don't really understand why this is so hard. I'm not in the motor trade and it is pretty obvious to me.

I've seen quite a few posts on FB about dealers checking the cars and seeing warped discs or adding the damper so I'm just going ahead and having all 4 wheels balanced.
It's only £30 and will put my mind at rest, if it doesn't fix it, then it's a dealer issue.
Squeaky bum time though, driving to Plymouth in the storm last night, I was driving against the wind so only got 2.2miles/kw... the Torpoint Ferry was rocking and rolling all over the place🤮

I'm going to get them balanced as well. Going to speak tomorrow to my lease company, to see if I can get done for free, because I have maintenance. If not will just pay and see if it improves the situation.

Well, my dealer has not contacted me about this since I emailed the Service Manager in November so feel a bit pissed off, so will see if this improves things a bit.

I'm going to get them balanced as well. Going to speak tomorrow to my lease company, to see if I can get done for free, because I have maintenance. If not will just pay and see if it improves the situation.
Is it a lease or salary sacrifice? Mine is SS with Tusker and they booked it in for an investigation with MG Crawley in late Dec. They re-balanced the fronts and it does seem better but wouldn't say 100% so for now I've left it until we know more about an official fix.

Is it a lease or salary sacrifice? Mine is SS with Tusker and they booked it in for an investigation with MG Crawley in late Dec. They re-balanced the fronts and it does seem better but wouldn't say 100% so for now I've left it until we know more about an official fix.
Its a personal lease with Lex, including maintenance. I will see what they say, might have to take to a dealer, they use KwikFit for tyres

My dealer has booked me in for early Feb to get the dampers fitted. I don’t seem to have the issue too bad, but I’ll update later in Feb after testing it.
I don't know how well you get on with your dealer, but could you try and get a picture of this mystical damper?
Also I thought someone in Oz, who has had the "fix" already said it doesn't work?

I don't think there will ever be a solution peoples🙄

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240123_184055_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240123_184055_Facebook.jpg
    315.8 KB · Views: 74
Had the wheels balanced earlier and all four were out to varying degrees, one of the front being the worst! They did have to take their time to get the rebalancing right, however result being no vibration! I drove a good distance at 65 to 70mph along the A483 and in my case, it appears to have resolved it.
Of course individual cars will vary, but Im happy with the outcome, just got to clean off the glue residue from the old weights.

Had the wheels balanced earlier and all four were out to varying degrees, one of the front being the worst! They did have to take their time to get the rebalancing right, however result being no vibration! I drove a good distance at 65 to 70mph along the A483 and in my case, it appears to have resolved it.
Of course individual cars will vary, but Im happy with the outcome, just got to clean off the glue residue from the old weights.
Happy Days! 🙂👍

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom