MG4 X Power Vibe/Hum 65to75mph

What is the 6 month rule for the Consumer Rights Act?

Subsections (10) to (13) provide that if the final right to reject is exercised within 6 months of delivery of the goods (or, if later, transfer of ownership or the trader having completed and notified the consumer of any required action), the trader must generally give the consumer a full refund.

So for MG.....

You must repair or replace an item if a customer returns it within 6 months - unless you can prove it was not faulty when they bought it. You can ask a customer to prove an item was faulty when they bought it if they ask for a repair or replacement after 6 months.
1706377545338.png

Welcome to GOV.UK › accepting-ret...

Accepting returns and giving refunds: the law - GOV.UK

I've had a bit of a burn up this morning😁 after having my wheels balanced.... drum roll!!.... the vibration seems to be a lot less, where it was from 65-75mph... it's now around 70-73mph and there's less of a vibration through the steering wheel.
The ride is much nicer, while there is still some road noise (diff tarmac, diff noise) the noise is also much quieter🤷‍♂️
Exactly the same for me since the re-balancing.

Im coming in a bit late here, but just ordered my xpower, one would think brand new incoming XPs are fine ? Or is this an excuse to ditch the turenzas ? Drive shafts have always been the issue in my ice cars where trye wheel didnt solve. Copy shafts in my suby were rubbish, eom perfect.

Im coming in a bit late here, but just ordered my xpower, one would think brand new incoming XPs are fine ? Or is this an excuse to ditch the turenzas ? Drive shafts have always been the issue in my ice cars where trye wheel didnt solve. Copy shafts in my suby were rubbish, eom perfect.
You would think?
Doesn't seem to be the case here in the UK though, if very recently delivered cars are anything to go by.

It would seem some owners are happier? after getting the wheels balanced.
I am much happier having changed my tyres completely (MPS5)

But there are still some vibes there, and there should be none.
I mean, I reckon some people wouldn't even notice them at all!

Last edited:
What is that exactly, some kind of damper assembly? Is it an MG factory part?
Steering wheel damper - sent out by MG/SAIC to my dealer, to try and resolve the vibration (which I had noted on the demonstrator, and reported within 24 hours of vehicle collection - the dealership put in a Technical Report at the time. MG UK reckoned this was their first complaint about it, but then it was back in early October). This is a trial, to see if it works.

Steering wheel damper - sent out by MG/SAIC to my dealer, to try and resolve the vibration (which I had noted on the demonstrator, and reported within 24 hours of vehicle collection - the dealership put in a Technical Report at the time. MG UK reckoned this was their first complaint about it, but then it was back in early October). This is a trial, to see if it works.
Ooo, very interesting.
I popped into my dealer today to have a catch up.

They have only sold 1 XPower, mine, but admitted he now knew of the vibes issue, despite my bringing it to his attention last September!!

I told him I knew moves to sort the issue were afoot with MG, and if and when they found a solution to it, would book the car in to be sorted.

Looking forward to your updates. 👍

Thanks for posting and please keep us informed of how it feels and any improvements after fitment 👍

Just heard from the dealership. The steering damper has made no difference whatsoever.

Thanks for the quick update, sorry it hasn’t fixed it. Next options could be a Hunter Force wheel balance of all 4 wheels then failing that fitting a different tyre brand perhaps and full rebalance again.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom