MG4 X Power Vibe/Hum 65to75mph

UPDATE!

So after waiting what seemed like a lifetime...the dealership replaced the "warped' brake rotors and discs today and they advised the vibration was gone....now the test....

....I can honestly say I think it has resolved the issue!!

I did a 30 mile run on the A19 and on the way to my destination, the vibration still seemed to be there but no where near as strong, but then I took that it could be more the road against the tyres.....on the way back, i couldnt feel it at all bar the odd couple of gentle vibrations, which again I took is more from the road....so signs are looking very positive and the trip back was certainly more comfortable than before!

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE!

So after waiting what seemed like a lifetime...the dealership replaced the "warped' brake rotors and discs today and they advised the vibration was gone....now the test....

I did a 30 mile run on the A19 and on the way to my destination, the vibration still seemed to be there but no where near as strong, but then I took that it could be more the road against the tyres.....on the way back, i couldnt feel it at all bar the odd couple of gentle vibrations, which again I took it more from the road....so signs are looking very positive and the trip back was certainly more comfortable than before!

Well blow me down and call me Cecil.

Wouldn't that be great, IF it definitely is the answer.

Nice easy fix for MG.

Be a first for me though, out of balance brake discs from new, especially as nothing is felt through the brake pedal.

Hmmm🤔

Check this out.......

Screenshot_20240228_195342_YouTube.jpg

Id say not warped, more like wildly bad manufacturing, id say they balanced them. Balancing shouldnt be too hard. Warped rotors are felt on the pedal.

Next up where to find those rotors.

Maybe audi 345mm brake discs 57.1 bore.

UPDATE!

I did a 30 mile run on the A19 and on the way to my destination, the vibration still seemed to be there but no where near as strong, but then I took that it could be more the road against the tyres.....on the way back, i couldnt feel it at all bar the odd couple of gentle vibrations, which again I took is more from the road....so signs are looking very positive and the trip back was certainly more comfortable than before!
Can you find out what they replaced them with ?

Id say not warped, more like wildly bad manufacturing, id say they balanced them. Balancing shouldnt be too hard. Warped rotors are felt on the pedal.
I could feel the vibration through the steering wheel and the pedal, which seems to be different to the hum others have reported though. They definitely replaced them with new rotors as my 3 month old rotors had several grooves in them and these are definitely brand new.

Hi All, I had the below email from my dealer today...it's still hurry up and wait!......

I’ve chased up with MG technical again yesterday reference a fix for the humming noise.

Still been looked at I’m afraid.

Below is the communication I received

“Chassis Engineering are working on a fix. At this moment in time, there is no eta. This is as much as I know at this current time. “

Hi All, I had the below email from my dealer today...it's still hurry up and wait!......

I’ve chased up with MG technical again yesterday reference a fix for the humming noise.

Still been looked at I’m afraid.

Below is the communication I received

“Chassis Engineering are working on a fix. At this moment in time, there is no eta. This is as much as I know at this current time. “
Mentioning the "Chassis Engineering" department sounds like a clue. As if they are looking to reinforce the way the motor is mounted, or something. Like they are looking to reduce the vibration again rather than find/address the cause.

Hi all, I've started a Google Sheets doc to collate some data that might be useful to diagnose the issue. Let me know if you think some other columns could be added/changed. If you DON'T experience the vibrations (or know someone) please also participate!

I'll share on X-Power threads/groups for now but it would be interesting to get data on other MG4s later.

Yes i got the same - basically a settle down and hold move. Now we wait

Agreed.
I've been prodding the dealer and MG over the last couple of months and now being at the 6 month point (for me) will have to start thinking about upping the ante.

Edit : I have never used 'upping the ante' in any spoken sentence or paragraph before.
Ever.🤣

Agreed.
I've been prodding the dealer and MG over the last couple of months and now being at the 6 month point (for me) will have to start thinking about upping the ante.

Edit : I have never used 'upping the ante' in any spoken sentence or paragraph before.
Ever.🤣
This forum is improving your vulcbrilet vulecabriolet velco cabriolet words 🤣

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom