MG4 X-Power waiting area

A mere stab in the dark at the figures, this forum would initially give an indication of 90% disappointment whereas the actual figure probably a lot lower, but as with social media, happy people don't always cast their opinion. Will be interesting to see official JD Power type surveys. But yet again it comes back to cost. A £4 t-shirt from Primark will probably be wear out and look worse than one 2-3 times more expensive. My friend turned up in his new lease iX3 pro spec yesterday and this is a full £30k more expensive than the Xpower. Will it have as many problems/gripes as a budget MG? Probably not but our salaries and expectations are different so I'll stick with waiting for the Xpower and have to accept it won't be as refined or problem-free as the BMW. If you go looking for problems, then generally you won't stop until you find something. I'll stay positive thanks and if anything negative arises, much like life I'll try and find a way to resolve it.
Absolutely, totally agree but I personally don't think anything you are paying good money for (in this case cars over £30k) should have problems, problem free should be the minimum.
Differences in quality for a more expensive car yes.
Problems can arise with anything the big thing for me is how they are dealt with. MG has proven at best very hit and miss with this.

Last edited:
@Leni16 welcome back. Did you have a good "holiday" 😁

As I see it @bowfer and @CraigInnes were having a bit of friendly rivalry comparing the Born and the MG4 which some members misunderstood.
I had zero idea that they had a Born. Only became apparent after I mentioned Halfords (a comment I stand by). I joined up here this week and haven’t had time to trawl through the many thousands of posts by any particular poster.

Some people are just a touch insecure / sensitive and nothing can be said about their current car without some retort. This is an MG forum and they chose to pick up on the comment about their current car brand and spam this thread up instead of considering the thoughts I had on the MG.
As I said value-add can easily be eroded.

Just be happy with what you have. If you aren’t suck it up or move it on.
Life is too short to spend it repetitively bashing / defending cars on the internet..

Last edited:
I had zero idea that they had a Born. Only became apparent after I mentioned Halfords (a comment I stand by). I joined up here this week and haven’t had time to trawl through the many thousands of posts by any particular poster.

Some people are just a touch insecure / sensitive and nothing can be said about their current car without some retort. This is an MG forum and they chose to pick up on the comment about their current car brand and spam this thread up instead of considering the thoughts I had on the MG.
As I said value-add can easily be eroded.

Just be happy with what you have. If you aren’t suck it up or move it on.
Life is too short to spend it repetitively bashing / defending cars on the internet..
I agree but the same can be said about MG4 owners being a touch sensitive, many examples of that here.
You are right though it applies to owners of any cars/things.

Is this a new color?
Screenshot_20230826-150652~2.png

Hi everyone, new member here. I've also just ordered a green XPower via my salary sacrifice scheme with estimated stock availability of the end of Oct. I tried one out and the combination of the price and performance was brilliant. I couldn't justify >£700 for a normal ev and the XPower is an absolute bargain. I currently drive a 2006 MX5 which I love but as most of my driving is a 30 mile motorway commute (and I can charge for free at work) I'm not getting the most out it and I'm playing more golf with my son so need to borrow my wife's A Class and she won't drive the MX5 as she's used to an auto. I've no doubt that they are completely different cars but I'm really looking forward to the MG.

Hi everyone, new member here. I've also just ordered a green XPower
Excellent news, put your details on the order and delivery thread (if you’d like)

Excellent news, put your details on the order and delivery thread (if you’d like)
Added!

My MULAN X POWER (now also renamed as MG4 EV in China) has driven 3800km. Except for the vibration at 70 miles mentioned before. Another complaint is the poor grip of the original Bridgestone tires in rainy days. As long as it is rainy, if I step on the accelerator more than halfway quickly, the rear of the car will start to spin.

Some other information. After 3800 km, the average power consumption is 15kWh/100 km. As a dual-motor model, the energy consumption is about 25% lower than that of my other dual-motor NIO ET5t.

My MULAN X POWER (now also renamed as MG4 EV in China) has driven 3800km. Except for the vibration at 70 miles mentioned before. Another complaint is the poor grip of the original Bridgestone tires in rainy days. As long as it is rainy, if I step on the accelerator more than halfway quickly, the rear of the car will start to spin.

Some other information. After 3800 km, the average power consumption is 15kWh/100 km. As a dual-motor model, the energy consumption is about 25% lower than that of my other dual-motor NIO ET5t.
Interesting re the wheel wobble. Tha ks for the update

I was wondering how you’d been getting on with the vibration and such. Nice to hear a longer term test too as so far we’ve only got test drives and attention grabbing YouTube videos.

I’d imagine tyres will be a nice upgrade when the stock ones are worn enough, I hope they’re not “bad” enough to warrant replacement off the bat. Some sensible caution should be enough hopefully.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom