MG4 X-Power waiting area

Maybe it's a height/strength thing - I don't find my boot too heavy to lift, certainly not more so than any previous car. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah I wouldn't say it's too heavy to lift.. at all.

I'd say it shouldn't be as heavy as it is, it's like there's no real upward assistance from the hydraulic arms.

Had a Honda CR-V before this, boot was twice as big and it could be opened with a fingernail if you wanted to.

Maybe it's a height/strength thing - I don't find my boot too heavy to lift, certainly not more so than any previous car. 🤷‍♂️
I didn't notice it being any heavier than my Ford Focus.
Mind you compared to lifting a 25kg greyhound (she's getting on a bit) and a 34kg greyhound (had a broken leg from a racing incident and a damaged shoulder from chasing a squirrel up a tree both, before I adopted him) in and out, it's light 😁

I know. I'm a vet. I had to call in muscle for these jobs!

I do notice it heavier than the boot of my Golf, though I think it might be a matter of balance and pivot points than raw kg.

I know. I'm a vet. I had to call in muscle for these jobs!

I do notice it heavier than the boot of my Golf, though I think it might be a matter of balance and pivot points than raw kg.
I never had you down as a vet. A teacher of some description possibly music or English.

Most of the recent videos cropping up showing the Xpower version being driven make it look like its getting the bare minimum in terms of sporting interior upgrade, certainly compared to the more outlandish interior early concepts hinted at. Basically same as standard but the seats get dark Alcantera centers/red stitch, no other additional flourishes, although on one video showing a disguised EU version it had a black xpower sticker on the gear selector

View attachment 18170
View attachment 18171

And then the already seen wheels/orange calipers on the exterior seem to be the only styling tweak, perhaps different inserts in the black plastic.

Wow, that’s quite a bit of new stuff out. I’ve been on holiday so not had chance to look. Thanks for posting!

Hi

I was at my MG Dealer in Redditch on Friday and they told me that the MG4 Xpower is being launched in the UK next month. They had one at the dealership a little while ago (blue paint job) and showed me photos of it.

I have put my name down for a test drive as soon as it arrives at the dealership. I am informed that there are some already driving about, but because they look almost identical to the regular MG4 we wouldn't notice!

If anyone here get to test drive one, please let us know.

Hi

I was at my MG Dealer in Redditch on Friday and they told me that the MG4 Xpower is being launched in the UK next month. They had one at the dealership a little while ago (blue paint job) and showed me photos of it.

I have put my name down for a test drive as soon as it arrives at the dealership. I am informed that there are some already driving about, but because they look almost identical to the regular MG4 we wouldn't notice!

That Blue one must have been the one I mentioned seeing driving about the outskirts of Brum towards the end of last month

Spotted a Blue MG4 travelling up a local Birmingham suburb highstreet, but what stood out on this one to make it worth mentioning was that it had obvious Orange brake calipers front and rear visible through what I assume would need to be alloys for them to be so apparent in motion at a distance. Didn't have time to whip my phone out to grab a pic but either someone's modified MG4 or first sighting of an acutal MG4 dual motor out and about!?!

Glad I wasn't seeing things or imagining it :)

Recent testing in Spain

Attachments

• 20230612_163817.jpg
    20230612_163817.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 196
  • 20230612_163750.jpg
    20230612_163750.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 216
Sooo, I’m assuming that is order books open in summer, they’re showing off at Goodwood next month. Given lead times experienced so far am I still sensible for thinking I’ll be lucky to see it this side of Christmas? :)

Sooo, I’m assuming that is order books open in summer, they’re showing off at Goodwood next month. Given lead times experienced so far am I still sensible for thinking I’ll be lucky to see it this side of Christmas? :)
Unless they are good to go as the MG4 is now pretty established and they seem to have ironed out a lot of the initial teething problems

I was told that the std MG4 77kw IS now being released here in the UK, despite the announcement last year that it wasn't and during my conversation around this the XPower came up.
I was told the car was due 1st July ( given original MG4 history I am not exactly confident ;)). when asked about price and battery they could not confirm press speculation from May that its a 77kw, and priced around £36k , but that is what they expect.
Now if they do what they did with this MG 4, they tried hard to hold back the" release in the wild" till March 23, so I would fully expect them to try to hold release to 1st Sept to make sales figures look good again.
The only realistic way I can see this iswill be a short release to on sale, there is a version already on sale in China so production is tooled up, it would just be minor tweaks from tests underway in Spain along with converting to RHD. Just really would like to know colours available and confirm price.
p.s. The "Normal" MG4 77kw supposed release is 1st / 2nd Q next yr, so given history MG will look to do another Good Month Sales March 24 ;)

Hi

I saw something resembling an MG4 flew past on the A264 as I was joining from Wimlands road. It was difficult to make out as it was going so fast, it was past before I could register it as a car and not an F-22 :oops:

I was told that the std MG4 77kw IS now being released here in the UK, despite the announcement last year that it wasn't and during my conversation around this the XPower came up.
I was told the car was due 1st July ( given original MG4 history I am not exactly confident ;)). when asked about price and battery they could not confirm press speculation from May that its a 77kw, and priced around £36k , but that is what they expect.
Now if they do what they did with this MG 4, they tried hard to hold back the" release in the wild" till March 23, so I would fully expect them to try to hold release to 1st Sept to make sales figures look good again.
The only realistic way I can see this iswill be a short release to on sale, there is a version already on sale in China so production is tooled up, it would just be minor tweaks from tests underway in Spain along with converting to RHD. Just really would like to know colours available and confirm price.
p.s. The "Normal" MG4 77kw supposed release is 1st / 2nd Q next yr, so given history MG will look to do another Good Month Sales March 24 ;)

The MG dealership i visited last week that had tested the xpower recently, said that it was fitted with the 64kW battery and when asked about the 77kW battery there said there were no demonstators fitted with that battery.

In Hong Kong the price for the xpower is $369,000 HKdollars for the 64kW xpower and this equates to around £37,250. I would doubt that the UK price would be lower than the Hong Kong price, but it gives a clue to where it might be in the UK.

I think there's a lot to be said for a car like that looking unobtrusively similar to the equivalent tame model.

When I got my XR2 I got sick and tired of cops pulling me over, apparently on suspicion of driving a boy racer, no more than that. When I switched to my Peugeot 306 GTi6, which was significantly faster than the XR2 but looked exactly like the base model 306, all that stopped. Ditto with the Golf GTi, which again didn't look all that different from the basic Golf unless you have a keen eye for red stripes.
I've already been closely followed a few times in my Volcano Orange Trophy.

Just last month as I was going into a Mickey Dees a traffic interceptor type gave way for me to enter as it was exiting but, it decided to do a 180 and follow me round. It puled into a space just opposite the 3rd (waiting) window. Presumably doing checks on the vehicle. Soon as I was getting my food through the window it blocked the exit so no one couldn't leave, presumably waiting for the results of their checks. It caused quite the tailback in the drive-thru.

I've already been closely followed a few times in my Volcano Orange Trophy.

Just last month as I was going into a Mickey Dees a traffic interceptor type gave way for me to enter as it was exiting but, it decided to do a 180 and follow me round. It puled into a space just opposite the 3rd (waiting) window. Presumably doing checks on the vehicle. Soon as I was getting my food through the window it blocked the exit so no one couldn't leave, presumably waiting for the results of their checks. It caused quite the tailback in the drive-thru.
They probably mistook your MG for a Focus ST, purely because it's orange.

Everything I've seen shows 64kw battery

Everything I've seen shows 64kw battery
That's what I have seen for the Mulan version currently available in china, as I mentioned in my post that it's not confirmed, so I am confused why so much "stick". No one has confirmed details of what version UK will get.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom