MG4 X-Power waiting area

Now now Leni, are you sure it isn't because you are a bus w***er? 😂
Honestly I thought I'd banged my head and woke up in the early 90's.

Step into my very fast Chinese EV, prepare yourself though the software ain't the greatest, the radio and android auto may drop out but when I floor this you are not going to be able to contain yourself and I'm going to be onto a sure thing!!

Please disregard, and I'm sure you will, the fact that my chat isn't the greatest and I'm trying to compensate for it with my supery dupery rapid EV that is so exciting to drive fast that I might not even require you to help me with a happy ending.

I apologise to every female member of the forum on his behalf, embarrassing!!

This car will be a pussy magnet

Imagine a young man picks up a young lady for a date and he get out on a big fast road and does 0-62 in 3.8 seconds and her head goes back against the headrest

It’s going to be very exciting

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Imagine a young man picks up a young lady for a date and he get out on a big fast road and does 0-62 in 3.8 seconds and her head goes back against the headrest

Wonder if you can get the matching keyring like in Kill Bill vol 2?

£33.5k on Affinity is a decent deal, the low GFV impacts the monthly figures massively though.

I would imagine that this will still sell a lot to people in their 40's 50's and 60's though.

I've now driven 3 mg4 xpowers and all have a vibration under acceleration around 65mph and a constant vibration at 70mph, only slight but there.

I've been trying to find more info on the mulan 4wd in China having the same issue but only found the one post on here. I've only found 1 dealer who's interested in trying to look into it.

Perhaps MG4London lives on Essex side of the capital, 40 odd years ago I thought the same about my 1.3 Morris Marina, did,nt work then and probably won,t work now. Mind you, we have had 40 years of educational advances since then!

Anyway back to the post. The MG4 (normal ) has been praised for its 50-50 weight distribution. The extra weight of the X, up front , motor ,gearbox, driveshafts, etc will most likely have negative effects on the twisty changes of direction and could push out the front slightly and not giving that sporty ride effect. So straight line blasts could be ruined by the squeaky bum time at the resulting first bend. Just a thought.

I've backed out of my deposit. A brand new car should not do this. I'll sit on my hands till this unfolds.

The MG4 (normal ) has been praised for its 50-50 weight distribution. The extra weight of the X, up front , motor ,gearbox, driveshafts, etc will most likely have negative effects on the twisty changes of direction and could push out the front slightly and not giving that sporty ride effect.
Yeah that seems to be borne out by some of the hot hatch reviews where compared to ICE options.
Normal (and by extension I’d hope the ER) seem to be the more fun in the corners option.

I’m hoping it can be improved on the xpower with some aftermarket stuff maybe (tyres, suspension perhaps) as the standard can’t have the power improved but maybe the xpower can maybe be made a little more engaging without too much expense. Maybe even software update for leaving the front off longer or tweaking the balance/curve etc.

I've now driven 3 mg4 xpowers and all have a vibration under acceleration around 65mph and a constant vibration at 70mph, only slight but there.

I've been trying to find more info on the mulan 4wd in China having the same issue but only found the one post on here. I've only found 1 dealer who's interested in trying to look into it.
Coolant pumps running possibly?
Get vibration on our trophy on the motorway when they kick in.

Seems odd not to have put UHP tyres on the MG given the power. I’m sure that doesn’t help in the corners. Looking at the tyre size there are better options out there for aftermarket.

Made to reach a certain Price point

Apart from the lovely Matt green paint, nothing says HP version at all. I thought the seat materials were unimpressive and the metal pedals were very forgettable.

Fair reviews online for it. Just a go faster version of the trophy that’s more predictabable and linear in handling, but not a performance car that give you the fizz, missed opportunity in my eyes. The ER was the better car.

XP should have been mad and fun and a little unhinged.

Its quite funny that coming from two Golf R Mk 7's between 2015 and 2019, I remember quite a few reviews at the time said exactly the same about the Golf R Mk 7 (too numb, too safe, not exciting enough). I can see where they were coming from but it was still a great car to own and drive all year round in all conditions. It's a shame the Golf R lease deals are twice as much these days on the Mk 8 !

When did the Golf R acquire rear passenger doors? When I looked at it, it was a three-door car, and I wouldn't have considered it for that reason, full stop.

They went 5dr only around 2018 IIRC and then DSG gearbox only. Now only 3 colour choices with the Mk 8. You could get 5dr Mk 6 R’s from 2010 onwards. Before that I had a 2008 5dr Mk 5 R32.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom