MG5 - Charging whilst unlocked

I think if you are charging on AC then unlocking the doors disconnects the cable lock ending the charge but you should be able to start ok with the doors unlocked.
Different on DC.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that if you re-locked the car it would resume the charge. :unsure:

We all seem to be having different charging experiences. I'm sitting in the unlocked car at a polar/pulse CCS with the heater on and radio too. Started the charge with the car unlocked and everything switched off. Got in, charging continued without pause. Did a start without foot brake to enable radio, but it went off after a couple of minutes. So tried a full start, everything on, full dask display and radio and heater working, see pic
Interesting that you are not in ready mode......I've found you get the same effect juts pressing the start button twice, everything up and running. It does specifically call out do not be in ready when charging. I always take the precaution of shutting the car down before connecting or disconnecting.

On my MG5, if I unlock the doors, it stops charging and releases the cable lock, but about 30 seconds to a minute later, it locks the cable and starts charging again!

If you unlock the doors and don't open any of them they automatically re-lock after a few seconds.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom