MG5 Factory reset

How many people have had to do a factory reset by disconnecting the 12 volt system?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think these 2 items are the most essential things when doing a long trip involving rapid charging, and it’s thanks to this forum that I am aware of them. When we go to Belgium this summer I’d rather forget my toothbrush than the screwdriver/ spanner combo!

I must have missed what the flat blade screwdriver is for. How big does the blade have to be?

Interested in how often resets are being done?
I think I would call this a re-boot rather than a factory reset which although I have not done one I imagine may be more severe and is done from the infotainment system.
(I could be wrong and that might just be an infotainment reset, I can't remember which screen it is on).

I think you are right gone a reset because you need to go into settings to do a factory reset

The infotainment reset on the centre screen is just got that a factory reset of that system, however I'm more interested in the reset by disconnecting the battery as this has no electronic way to complete.

Hi
I have never had to do the "10mm spanner reset trick" butI keep one in the glove box just in case .
Also for the record the car has never used any fast charger. I have only used my Zappi charger and the MG granny charger lead . Had car about 10 months.
It would be interesting to understand the charging history of any cars that have had to be reset using the 10mm spanner ?
Happy Easter Everyone

Hi
I have never had to do the "10mm spanner reset trick" butI keep one in the glove box just in case .
Also for the record the car has never used any fast charger. I have only used my Zappi charger and the MG granny charger lead . Had car about 10 months.
It would be interesting to understand the charging history of any cars that have had to be reset using the 10mm spanner ?
Happy Easter Everyone
Your Zappi is a 7kw fast charger. You probably mean you haven't used a Rapid charger.

Oh and Happy Easter :)

I have seen a couple of threads about doing this but no one has said they have done the touching of terminals of the 12 volt system, have you done this what was the reason and did it work?

I think we all need to fit a quick release isolator to the battery, seems like it will save hassle in the event of need. Has anyone found one that will fit with having to cut anything. I'm looking at this one but can't work out if it'll fit.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I think we all need to fit a quick release isolator to the battery, seems like it will save hassle in the event of need. Has anyone found one that will fit with having to cut anything. I'm looking at this one but can't work out if it'll fit.

Why do you think we all need quick release when there are not any people who have done this I thought it was a popular fix but it's not by the look of it.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
?? It was more a figure of speech than a direct instruction! I think I'll be getting one but I hope I never have to use it!
It does seem many people have had to deploy the 10mm spanner trick so for me having a thumb wheel simply means if either me or the wife are driving the car if the symptoms occur we can quickly disconnect and re-connect the 12v battery

Is there any video available which shows how this is done? Would be scared to unscrew wrong thing and/or get a big electric shock!

"staarek" what lead to you to having to do this and did it work, e.g. clear the issue or did you end up at the dealers?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom