MG5 infotainment dead.

New one pop up on Sunday relevant to this thread, my neighbour 3 doors away who has a 5 also,came to ask had I had any problems with the radio not working,I said no mines been fine, so I asked I few questions thinking here’s another dead infotainment system but no not that everything except the radio was working fine on the home screen the CarPlay and satnav both ok and as normal but on the radio tab it said radio not connected reload !!!
So shut it down long press on home button and it did a reset but no different so out cam the 10mm spanner 12volt battery disconnected wait 5 minutes reconnect and hey presto all fine.
Somewhere in this forum some one created a list of desirable features on future MG vehicles, so to that can I suggest the add a big red KILL switch under the bonnet are a large wing nut on the negative battery terminal, as the disconnect appears to cure a lot of hiccups on EVs.
Les
Certainly seems to alleviate a lot of issue, I always have one in the toolbox now. another great suggestion from my new found MG5 guru 👍

Had a similar problem today. Switched car to ready, nothing on the infotainment screen. Drove a minute or so and restarted car at some lights,still nothing. Driving down the road a minute later MG logo appeared and screen came on,then it was all fine. Very strange. Will keep an eye on it.
Well,it did it again today.On starting the car Infotainment locked up,then rebooted itself after a minute or so. Been ok since. Has anyone any ideas what's causing this to happen?Sounds like a random software type issue. Anyone had any feedback from MG? Seems that several of us are experiencing this.

Well,it did it again today.On starting the car Infotainment locked up,then rebooted itself after a minute or so. Been ok since. Has anyone any ideas what's causing this to happen?Sounds like a random software type issue. Anyone had any feedback from MG? Seems that several of us are experiencing this.

I only get this happen when I'm hasty to plug in my phone. Or interact directly with my phone after connecting. And that's only been twice in 3000 miles.

Always wait for ready before putting the car in drive.. Always wait for the infotainment to finish booting before connecting the USB cable.

I only get this happen when I'm hasty to plug in my phone. Or interact directly with my phone after connecting. And that's only been twice in 3000 miles.

Always wait for ready before putting the car in drive.. Always wait for the infotainment to finish booting before connecting the USB cable.
Thanks,that's interesting. I did have my phone plugged into the USB for sure yesterday. I do always wait for ready before driving so I'll give it a bit more time before plugging in the phone and see how it goes. 👍

New one poped up on Sunday relevant to this thread, my neighbour 3 doors away who has a 5 also,came to ask had I had any problems with the radio not working,I said no mines been fine, so I asked I few questions thinking here’s another dead infotainment system but no not that everything except the radio was working fine on the home screen the CarPlay and satnav both ok and as normal but on the radio tab it said radio not connected reload !!!
So shut it down long press on home button and it did a reset but no different so out cam the 10mm spanner 12volt battery disconnected wait 5 minutes reconnect and hey presto all fine.
Somewhere in this forum some one created a list of desirable features on future MG vehicles, so to that can I suggest the add a big red KILL switch under the bonnet or a large wing nut on the negative battery terminal, as the disconnect appears to cure a lot of hiccups on EVs.
Les
On our old camper, I have fitted an in-line battery isolator, so a knurled knob that you unscrew and it cuts the power to stop battery drain or disconnects etc to stop it being started/stolen. It comes with a small red fly lead that you can connect if a system i.e. radio still need connecting for permanent 12v! Easy to fit.

Like this Dis-car-nect Car Battery Disconnect Isolator Cut-Off Master Switch | eBay

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The traditional "Lucas Prince of Darkness" version of those is known to fail leaving you stranded. Don't ask how I know ...... :rolleyes:

Hi so glad you have managed to get it into your dealer tomorrow Thursday but can I ask have you tried the 10 mm spanner trick of disconnecting the 12 volt battery for ten minutes or so.
Les
yes.. but its like need to do every day morning? does have any solution to fix permanent? please help

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom