MG5 Long Range - real range ?

Yes I got a rather nice 4.5 on a 10 mile trip. Wasn't expecting that. I have all the creature comforts turned on, it may be less efficient, but I'm not arriving cold or hot to save 20p. So long as the available range exceeds my journey by a good margin, I don't compromise my experience.

I am on my second EV and an owner of an MG5 Long Range since September. I have a home chargepoint and have clocked up 4000 miles since September.

I am concerned that even driven at a very sensible pace (say 61mph on adaptive cruise control) and with Kers Mode 2 engaged with no aircon on and being really really aware of road conditions and being an experienced EV driver that the charge NEVER goes above 203 available miles.

I love the car, think it's fantastic for the money but even discounting colder weather I've never seen anywhere near the 250 mile range in the battery, 201/203 being the MOST ever indicated. That includes balancing the batteries.

Anyone else seeing this ?
I bought a new mg5 in November last year (2021). I too had the same problem but as of about 2 weeks ago the mileage was going up to 250 miles and in fact recently exceeded that. I charged up on 25/3/2022 on my home 7.3 kw charger and in the morning I had 265 showing! I switched to eco mode and it went to 280! I’m now wondering if it’s faulty because I couldn’t believe it . It seems to be correct but I’ll keep an eye on it

I bought a new mg5 in November last year (2021). I too had the same problem but as of about 2 weeks ago the mileage was going up to 250 miles and in fact recently exceeded that. I charged up on 25/3/2022 on my home 7.3 kw charger and in the morning I had 265 showing! I switched to eco mode and it went to 280! I’m now wondering if it’s faulty because I couldn’t believe it . It seems to be correct but I’ll keep an eye on it
It will be "correct", but please remember it is just a guess, arrived at by your recent driving style/history. It doesn't really mean much and can have no bearing on what you will actually achieve.

sure nobody switched it overnight for a LR Tesla ??? :cool:

Have just returned 4.7 over 100 miles, about 25 of which were motorway at 60mph and the rest A and B roads. Started with 90% battery and finished with 51%.

Just noticed your in Cumbernastie ! we trip up there 2 times a month for a wee shopping excursion :-(
We have the occasional lunch at Caulders garden centre in What’s it Called (Now that was an old advert eh? )

Heres the map but basically if you‘re heading towards Glasgow bear left after going under the bridge at CastleCary then right at the lights. Then second exit off the roundabout.

Attachments

• 869DA10E-711B-4354-8F0B-D263766217D8.png
    869DA10E-711B-4354-8F0B-D263766217D8.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 78
Try Poppies garden centre at Dunstaffnage near Oban - superb and just on about a tank full of watts per MG away.

I've had mine since December, after having an SR, and I have to say at first I was a little disappointed too - but I think 2 factors played in to this - 1) they really underperform in cold weather and I bought it when the frosts began and 2) as with my SR the batteries seem to have improved over the first few dozen cycles.
During last week's 16-18 degree spell, and with approaching 10k on the clock, I managed a 100-mile trip with 63% remaining, which was on track to beat the WLTP figure.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom