MG5 vs ZS EV

I think range is now reasonable in the LR versions for peace of mind. we now have cars on offer that fulfill most of our daily needs.
Surely the next development will be BYD Blade type battery technology in the future when CATL MGs suppliers get their upgrades into production.

VFM is key.
If MG can no longer deliver that then there are better alternatives.
True
I’m finding prices moving around. MG seemed to have removed the £1500 finance contribution (which together with drop in PICG) has made the numbers less appealing.

The leasing company have told me the manufacturer is reviewing pricing. Interesting to see whether MG follows suit with Vauxhall and drops it’s prices or thinks it can nudge them up.

I’m sure we can feature this topic on the 17th Jan.

If there were 10 “things” to base a decision on in the ZS v 5 debate what would they be? I have listed the obvious...your help would be appreciated 😊

1. Price
2. Running costs/Range

I wish they could just put the ZS battery in the MG5. Surely that would give you close if not more than 300 mile range if the ZS does 270?
Absolutely. While they’re at it, how about bigger wheels, the app, rear interior light, more room for rear passengers’ feet under the front seat, rear seats folding to give a flatter boot floor, and V2L. Still hoping for all these on the facelift; it would ease the pain of the inevitable price increase & keep it competitive.

Absolutely. While they’re at it, how about bigger wheels, the app, rear interior light, more room for rear passengers’ feet under the front seat, rear seats folding to give a flatter boot floor, and V2L. Still hoping for all these on the facelift; it would ease the pain of the inevitable price increase & keep it competitive.
All of those would be nice

How about a nationwide integrated charging network and OTA updates?
Perhaps change that MG badge for a T? ;)

I’m sure we can feature this topic on the 17th Jan.

If there were 10 “things” to base a decision on in the ZS v 5 debate what would they be? I have listed the obvious...your help would be appreciated 😊

1. Price
2. Running costs/Range
IMHO better looking but I'm an old git when my first car was a Morris Oxford !

V2L. Still hoping for all these on the facelift; it would ease the pain of the inevitable price increase & keep it competitive.

Provisional specifications MG5 Electric
(article dated 16-03-2021)
400km(WLTP range)*
578L (trunk volume)
1,456L trunk volume max
135 kW / 280 Nm electric motor*
3.4 sec (0-50 km/h acceleration)*
8.3 sec (0-100 km/h acceleration)*
11 kW AC Charger (3-phase fast charging)
30 min to 80% battery level fast-charging capacity
500 kg towing capacity*
75 kg roof load*
MG Pilot – advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS)
V2L 2,500W power supply for external usage

Last edited:
..the app...
Also,

"the MG5 Electric will be offered with the MG iSMART connectivity system including the smartphone app as standard. "

"electric motor which produces 115 kW (156 ps) and 260 Nm of torque" as opposed to the "135 kW / 280 Nm electric motor" mentioned in the earlier article.

Last edited:
So not the other five things I would wish for, then. You can add the option of cloth seats in the exclusive to the list, too, as i’m not too keen on the sweaty nethers you get with the plastic ones.
Don’t get me wrong, I really like the 5. It’s just that there will be so much more competition around when it finally arrives here, that the little niggles will become deal breakers.

IMHO better looking but I'm an old git when my first car was a Morris Oxford !
Ahh the Oxford - wonderful machine- my Dad’s company car was the estate car style. I overcooked it one night and mysteriously it broke a connecting rod on his way to work next day. 😱

Provisional specifications MG5 Electric
(article dated 16-03-2021)
400km(WLTP range)*
578L (trunk volume)
1,456L trunk volume max
135 kW / 280 Nm electric motor*
3.4 sec (0-50 km/h acceleration)*
8.3 sec (0-100 km/h acceleration)*
11 kW AC Charger (3-phase fast charging)
30 min to 80% battery level fast-charging capacity
500 kg towing capacity*
75 kg roof load*
MG Pilot – advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS)
V2L 2,500W power supply for external usage
So why is it slower than the current one?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom