Other people mentioned the bulk re-naming programmes, but I was being quite bespoke with what I was doing.

I'm reliably informed that the problem is fixed in the R33 software update for the SE, which I haven't had yet. I'm not going to transfer any more files until I've got the update, I'm quite happy with the hours of music I already did, for now.

Once I have the update I'll organise the files I have into sensible folders and remove the leading code, then figure out how easy it's going to be to do future additions.

(Anyone got a spare set of CDs of Tannhäuser? 'Cos I really want that in the car and all I have in the house are one set on LP and two sets on DVD.)

Presumably, but I've not done that before. It's also in my mind that productions videorecorded for DVD release don't always have the best musical performances. I'll have a look at some discographies and see what's recommended.

In response to the OP:

One of life's unexpected pleasures was subscribing to Apple Music and selling my Naim Audio unit and Sonus Faber tower speakers, then giving away all my CDs.

I now consume all my music - which is now effectively an infinite collection - either in the car or through AirPods or a simple Bluetooth speaker when at home. All I need is my phone. Less really is more, in my view.

In response to the OP:

One of life's unexpected pleasures was subscribing to Apple Music and selling my Naim Audio unit and Sonus Faber tower speakers, then giving away all my CDs.

I now consume all my music - which is now effectively an infinite collection - either in the car or through AirPods or a simple Bluetooth speaker when at home. All I need is my phone. Less really is more, in my view.

Well, that's fine if it suits you. It doesn't suit me, that's all. And I tend to think that if MG provide the USB player feature, it ought to work. (Which it apparently does, after the R33 upgrade.)

Because the stuff I want isn't on streaming! But I draw the line at something recorded before they even had stereo and it probably sounds as if they're all walking around on Rice Krispies.

(I have a friend who keeps trying to persuade me of the merits of such recordings, mind you. He just gave me a 1983 CD set of Götterdämmerung which is great, though, so he ain't all bad.)

Because the stuff I want isn't on streaming! But I draw the line at something recorded before they even had stereo and it probably sounds as if they're all walking around on Rice Krispies.

(I have a friend who keeps trying to persuade me of the merits of such recordings, mind you. He just gave me a 1983 CD set of Götterdämmerung which is great, though, so he ain't all bad.)
I hear you. No pun etc.

Thanks. Good cast. A bit of a blast from the past - Helga Dernesch was the first Brünnhilde I ever saw, when I was 17, at the Edinburgh Festival. In 1971.

ETA: It's not the full opera, just excerpts. The search goes on.

I decided to google for recommendations. Looks like you recommended the right performance.

1705443059216.png

I just need to look for a complete set.

ETA: These CDs are expensive. Like, gold dust. But I found a download in MP3 format for a reasonable price, should do fine for the car.

I have just found out the problem of the system disregarding folders and it is a terrible shame. A pool of >500 files mixed altogether by title is a useless system. Even my Sandero v2 does organise files by their folders!

However offers you to display embedded lyrics. What a joke!

EDIT: I have read in another thread that pressing on "play all" you can access the folders
I think 'play all' is only on the Trophy but happy to be corrected as I have an SE.

It's 'that' question again which I've had to check out a couple of times previously with different systems, but no task solution found.
My USB music tracks have a number included in the title, ie

01 Track Name
02 Track Name
Etc.....

Can anyone advise me ac work around.
Do I need the space between number and Track name?
Do I need the zero prefix for the early tracks?

Thank you!

It's the track name in the Title field of the meta data that the USB player seems to be using. So to get them to play in order (assuming you're playing an album via a folder) then the Title name (not the File name) needs to start with the track number.

However ... I don't know if the player is ignoring track numbers, even in the Title field. Maybe it looks for the first letter? Perhaps a test would be to try:

A01 - Track Name
A02 - Track Name
etc.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 511 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video