My car rolled forward after parking

Thanks for that I have been worried about pushing the P while driving, perhaps the ICE version has it and it was copied to EV instructions. My hand brake is slow and the car slides a bit on my steep drive as there is short delay between the hydraulic brake coming off and the rear brakes winding on, used to slide to bottom before I cleaned it.
Keep firm foot pressure applied to the foot brake, then press the “P” button and listen for the EPB engage, then remove your foot from the foot brake.

So what's the verdict?
Do we need to carry a brick (to jarr the wheel) for parking on steep hill?

Or is there an electric maneuver that will fix it?

So what's the verdict?
Do we need to carry a brick (to jarr the wheel) for parking on steep hill?

Or is there an electric maneuver that will fix it?
If you're worried about it not engaging in time I suggest pulling the button to engage before switching the car off and turning your wheels towards the curb "just in case"

It is possible to test the supplementary transmission parking feature, if indeed it exists, with great care, by over-riding the electronic parking brake when you put the car into Park. I can confirm this works on the 5. I don't know about the ZS. Obviously, please make sure you do it safely and don't forget to reapply the parking brake before leaving the vehicle.

I always chock the back wheels when parked on my sloping drive. £10 caravan chocks from a motorist centre.

Thanks for that I have been worried about pushing the P while driving, perhaps the ICE version has it and it was copied to EV instructions. My hand brake is slow and the car slides a bit on my steep drive as there is short delay between the hydraulic brake coming off and the rear brakes winding on, used to slide to bottom before I cleaned it.
I think there is a difference between sliding and rolling. Sliding can't really be blamed on the brakes, or can it ?

I think there is a difference between sliding and rolling. Sliding can't really be blamed on the brakes, or can it ?
The gap between the Hydraulic hill brake coming off and the rear brakes winding on when the car is turned off allows it to roll a little, then the rear wheels lock and it slides a bit, I should hold it on the foot brake or use park, a bit lazy of me

The gap between the Hydraulic hill brake coming off and the rear brakes winding on when the car is turned off allows it to roll a little, then the rear wheels lock and it slides a bit, I should hold it on the foot brake or use park, a bit lazy of me
The parking brake switch (i.e. not the selector switch), tells you when the parking brake is fully on when the red light comes on a second or two after pressing P on the selector knob.

I think you pull it up as a handbrake in the emergency situation. Pressing it might not do any thing. Well that's what I remember reading somewhere... Never tried... Am open to correction on that.

My rear wheels lock solid when the red brake lever is pulled up at slow speeds, nothing from the front brakes. Too nervous to try it at speed.
MOT may be fun, what will the traction control make of a rolling road, " apply hand brake slowly" ?

My rear wheels lock solid when the red brake lever is pulled up at slow speeds, nothing from the front brakes. Too nervous to try it at speed.
MOT may be fun, what will the traction control make of a rolling road, " apply hand brake slowly"
I suggest finding an empty road and trying it at 20-30MPH (I tried it at 30MPH and got emergency braking with full ABS activation. Tried it on the snow at about 10MPH and also had the ABS kick in - all tried on an empty back-road I hasten to add)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom