My MG4 is finally here 😊

Captain

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
After a few months of frustrating delays I've finally taken my Mg home... I'll be putting lots of miles on it over the next few months in the local mountains...Trying, testing and doing some light modifying as well as hopefully sorting out all the bugs..!
I'll be documenting some of it on my youTube channel 😎 hopefully you'll enjoy the story so far...

After a few months of frustrating delays I've finally taken my Mg home... I'll be putting lots of miles on it over the next few months in the local mountains...Trying, testing and doing some light modifying as well as hopefully sorting out all the bugs..!
I'll be documenting some of it on my youTube channel 😎 hopefully you'll enjoy the story so far...

I hope that you love your new MG4 as much as I do. Fantastic car.

Check the rear under tray on the car for warping, which will let in water and dirt as well as impact the efficiency of the car (drag).
Also note the very noisy air conditioning which rattles loudly.

I would be interested to know if these issues are on your car. If so it would great if you could cover them on your channel.

Check the rear under tray on the car for warping, which will let in water and dirt as well as impact the efficiency of the car (drag).

I would be interested to know if these issues are on your car. If so it would great if you could cover them on your channel.
I had the towbar fitted whilst it was sitting at the garage (the electric pack is still to arrive though 😁) and the underneath looked ok but I will check again..My car has a heat pump which I think is different to the UK spec...? but again, I'm going to document as much as I can and hopefully get some stunning footage of it in the Alps 😎

Don't forget to subscribe...It's free 😇

The good news is it’s flat 😊

Not so good is that they didn’t re tighten the bolts after fitting the tow bar..! 🧐🙄

Attachments

• IMG_7500.jpeg
    IMG_7500.jpeg
    387.8 KB · Views: 95
Congratulations! Enjoy your new car and remember to select service mode before lifting your wipers to wash your windscreen!

First road trip part 1 is out 🤓

Like most people I love the way the car drives, It's as quiet as my XF...I just need to work out the best workarounds for the software...Since the video was made I've been using MG's software with Apple Car play in the background...I'd appreciate some input 😊

Also be aware that Desire red is a nightmare to colour match if you are unfortunate enough to get a ding.
I have a trusted local body shop and my Parking dent ( caused by the wind catching the door of a car parked next to me) is going to cost the other driver his no claims bonus and excess.
He and I had expected it to cost around £500 but it's going to be at least twice that as the rear door rear quarter and bumper are going to have to be sprayed!
My friend who owns the body shop , who has done work for me befo said that the last time they sprayed this colour it took quite a few attempts to get the match right.

Also be aware that Desire red is a nightmare to colour match if you are unfortunate enough to get a ding.
I have a trusted local body shop and my Parking dent ( caused by the wind catching the door of a car parked next to me) is going to cost the other driver his no claims bonus and excess.
He and I had expected it to cost around £500 but it's going to be at least twice that as the rear door rear quarter and bumper are going to have to be sprayed!
My friend who owns the body shop , who has done work for me befo said that the last time they sprayed this colour it took quite a few attempts to get the match right.
I cough dinged it on day one 🧐

Tiny scuff that is hard to see 🤓

Problem is, I have a few cars, both left and right hand drive and if you're not careful its easy to misjudge....

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 504 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back