My MG4 is finally here 😊

Check the rear under tray on the car for warping, which will let in water and dirt as well as impact the efficiency of the car (drag).
Also note the very noisy air conditioning which rattles loudly.

I would be interested to know if these issues are on your car. If so it would great if you could cover them on your channel.
I think I've seen similar comments so understand the concerns, but I think someone also said it was a particular batch. My aircon is silent or at least without rattles, and couldnt perform better. The tray seems fine, and (although you didnt mention it) no "oil" drips from the back end. I am very very satisfied!

Last edited:
I'd love to know that too!
here to help...😎

I think I've seen similar comments so understand the concerns, but I think someone also said it was a particular batch. My aircon is silent or at least without rattles, and couldnt perform better. The tray seems fine, and (although you didnt mention it) not "oil" drips from the back end. I am very very satisfied!
I know I have a heat pump which I assume won't have the problem..?

here to help...😎

I kinda like the tick tock. I intended to turn it down as soon as the car was delivered, but I find it quite soothing and I'm sure it's helping me to nod off......

I know I have a heat pump which I assume won't have the problem..?
From your vid looks like you have L hand drive, and the comment about the external temp gives it away. I dont think UK cars had heat pumps, but congratulations if you have one being outside the UK! Either way, my air con is quiet!

To be honest I was flicking through the menu and found it by accident. I knew it was there somewhere because somebody else mentioned it. It was under volume controls and I think it was car systems volume or something like that.

I think I've seen similar comments so understand the concerns, but I think someone also said it was a particular batch. My aircon is silent or at least without rattles, and couldnt perform better. The tray seems fine, and (although you didnt mention it) no "oil" drips from the back end. I am very very satisfied!

I think the oil thing is a thing of the past now. But cars are still being delivered with the undertray warping and there are rather a lot of them. You need to get your head right under the car to see it.

That's great to hear. When did you take delivery of your car ? Would you be able to post a photo of your rear under tray ?

From your vid looks like you have L hand drive, and the comment about the external temp gives it away. I dont think UK cars had heat pumps, but congratulations if you have one being outside the UK! Either way, my air con is quiet!
Good news...Yes I live in the Italian lake district. It's warm but we are used to it so it's not newsworthy 😁

Just a question on washing the MG4.

I understand that they are 1504mm (59") high but I am only around 5' 8" tall and I was wondering whether I would be able to reach the roof to wash it or would I need to stand on a stool or whatever?

I ask this because I am now elderly and have a minor physical disability and cannot reach the roof of my current ICE SUV to wash it without standing on something which can be dodgy for me so I always get it handwashed at a nearby car wash business.

I am particularly fussy re washing the car and would prefer to do it myself if possible.

I understand that they are 1504mm (59") high but I am only around 5' 8" tall and I was wondering whether I would be able to reach the roof to wash it or would I need to stand on a stool or whatever?

I ask this because I am now elderly and have a minor physical disability and cannot reach the roof of my current ICE SUV to wash it without standing on something which can be dodgy for me so I always get it handwashed at a nearby car wash business.

I am particularly fussy re washing the car and would prefer to do it myself if possible.
Get a pair of steps with a grab handle. Something like these
1690436171450.png

Get a pair of steps with a grab handle. Something like these
View attachment 19223

Wouldn't work I am afraid...I already have something similar to that but I have a balance issue and need to be on terra firma. :)
I was just trying to find out if it is possible to reach across the top from both sides when washing the car but if not I will just have to use my car wash guy once my MG4 arrives in Oz.

Wouldn't work I am afraid...I already have something similar to that but I have a balance issue and need to be on terra firma. :)
I was just trying to find out if it is possible to reach across the top from both sides when washing the car but if not I will just have to use my car wash guy once my MG4 arrives in Oz.
Apart form putting the car in a hole or persuading one of the tall local kids just to wash the roof for you then yes it's your car wash guys.

There you go, I am sure you can get similar is Aus

Amazon product ASIN B0C8TS93SF

There you go, I am sure you can get similar is Aus

Amazon product ASIN B0C8TS93SF
Yep...thanks, I was aware of them. Maybe I can attach a chamois to it somehow after washing to dry the top off.
Others must have come across this issue especially with SUV's. I know you can stand on the door sils with doors open but that is not ideal.

Yep...thanks, I was aware of them. Maybe I can attach a chamois to it somehow after washing to dry the top off.
Others must have come across this issue especially with SUV's. I know you can stand on the door sils with doors open but that is not ideal.
I'd wager that this is less ideal than the portable steps.

This is where wives or children come in handy 😁

I must admit, I'm not big on car washing...Although I think Rusty will have to have one soon for the next video 😎

I'd wager that this is less ideal than the portable steps.
Agree...anyway this 'issue' is not a deal breaker for me.
The MG4 is expected in Oz in around September/October so I may preorder the base model as I am sure they will be in high demand here so if it doesn't suit me/us they will have no problem onselling it.

The main thing I was concerned about was the entry and exit due to my disability and the only way to really know is to experience it first hand when they arrive.

Obviously the seating will be quite a lot lower than my current SUV where I can just virtually slide in from a standing position.

I realize this could be an issue for me with any EV apart from SUV EV's but I prefer the MG4 at the moment hoping they have solved issues brought up on this forum re oil leaks and bulging undertrays etc. with the aussie models. ;)

The car is going back to the dealers tomorrow to try and resolve the fact it still doesn't talk to my MG app.......😒

I hope they have plenty of courtesy cars lined up this time and it comes home before Christmas 🤞🏻

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 504 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back