My Miles/Kwh is not looking great!

Today I have driven 8 miles, never going above 40 and I am averaging 3.0.

I didn't think I was particularly heavy footed and I have been in Eco.

What am I doing wrong? :) Help me seasoned EV owners, it's only my 5th day!!
Hi
Mines been doing that for ages, seen a lot of people post 5,6kwh etc but I've found that when I charge to full I get 214-18 mile range as standard. If I set the trip I can get the two to add up to the same as I travel.
The range on the MG seems to be quite accurate too, especially compared to my old leaf

Had a drive today, Glasgow to Tyndrum via Loch Lomond. Eco all the way except for a few minutes Sport (as I’m still a child and get a thrill from silly acceleration once a trip!)

Really enjoyed KERS 3 along the Loch side roads. Still only averaged 3.7 miles/kWh. Used 60% battery (34.2kWh) which matches the 3.7 figure shown

No idea how I could get much better unless avoiding 65mph motorway. Still, 210 mile range for mixed driving at 10oC is fair.

225C55FE-CA1D-4AAD-B796-79C25C4D436E.jpeg

So here is my week of typical usage. I charged it to 100% on Saturday (purely for the test not generally going to charge over 80).

This is the Long Range
That is low as judging by average speed was this around town stop start driving ? Are you fully employing regen (3) which is at it's finest in those sort of conditions or are you using the brakes a lot? Do you have a heavy right foot ? Keep an eye on the power gauge as you go.

Had a drive today, Glasgow to Tyndrum via Loch Lomond. Eco all the way except for a few minutes Sport (as I’m still a child and get a thrill from silly acceleration once a trip!)

Really enjoyed KERS 3 along the Loch side roads. Still only averaged 3.7 miles/kWh. Used 60% battery (34.2kWh) which matches the 3.7 figure shown

No idea how I could get much better unless avoiding 65mph motorway. Still, 210 mile range for mixed driving at 10oC is fair.

View attachment 5704
You could always offset lower economy by doing a bit of gold panning at Tyndrum :))

Long term EV drivers tend to get much better results when needed.

My LEAF averaged 4.0 miles per kw over 3 years and when needed more but when boy racery less

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom