New (late 2021) ZS EV

In the above video I noticed that the radio antenna on the new model is a shark fin type which is a welcome addition. I hope this change makes it to the UK version.

The instrument binnacle which is fully digital appears to be a three piece LCD display ( similar to the MG5). I would love to have the the binnacle display the navigation instructions.

I noticed in another YouTube video, the switch gear for operating the panoramic roof is different from the outgoing model.

Last edited:
I don't like that they've removed the physical controls for the heating and blower
There does appears to be physical buttons to press though ?.
The rotary controls have gone, replaced by buttons I think 🤔.
I will take that over “On Screen” touch buttons all day !.
All that fiddling through menu’s, looking down at a screen is unsafe while driving in my opinion.

There does appears to be physical buttons to press though ?.
The rotary controls have gone, replaced by buttons I think 🤔.
I will take that over “On Screen” touch buttons all day !.
All that fiddling through menu’s, looking down at a screen is unsafe while driving in my opinion.
I'm not sure if the buttons are just shortcut buttons to the on screen controls

I'm not sure if the buttons are just shortcut buttons to the on screen controls
In one of the videos. Pressing the physical switch increased and decreased the temperature.
I think the physical switches must be toggles - you can flip it up and down.
Some of the switches have + / - on them etc, so I presume these are 2 way switches.

In the above video I noticed that the radio antenna on the new model is a shark fin type which is a welcome addition. I hope this change makes it to the UK version.

The instrument binnacle which is fully digital appears to be a three piece LCD display ( similar to the MG5). I would love to have the the binnacle display the navigation instructions.

I noticed in another YouTube video, the switch gear for operating the panoramic roof is different from the outgoing model.
It’s been a shark fin antenna on some foreign cars and still the long one on ours in UK, unfortunately I’m not expecting it to change.
Other new zs videos show the long antenna.

I've just spotted a little socket of some kind new to the mirror on the new version...could it be to power a dash camera?
Screen Shot 2021-10-17 at 22.12.55.png

Hi All - Miles mentions in the latest podcast, possible changes to the grant in the budget - date of the budget was quoted as 27 November - I believe that the budget is 27 October, before the price announcement of the facelift ZS EV - Hope this doesn't affect the prices in a detrimental way - just sold my ZS EV to WBAC - if any grant change makes the facelift ZS much more expensive I will be going back to an ICE car - stupid to reduce the grant just before a big climate change summit if you ask me !!!

Hi All - Miles mentions in the latest podcast, possible changes to the grant in the budget - date of the budget was quoted as 27 November - I believe that the budget is 27 October, before the price announcement of the facelift ZS EV - Hope this doesn't affect the prices in a detrimental way - just sold my ZS EV to WBAC - if any grant change makes the facelift ZS much more expensive I will be going back to an ICE car - stupid to reduce the grant just before a big climate change summit if you ask me !!!
Rest assured the facelift gen2 will be more expensive than the Gen1.

I think with the increased range. the new infotainment system and other upgrades, that is a given. The £2500 grant would still make it an absolute max of £32500 after grant which would be £3905 more than Gen1 but acceptable. However, why would MG keep the price of the Trophy model under £35000 if there wasn't a grant. Potentially they could price it at say £36500 making it £7905 dearer than Gen1 and £4000 dearer than if the grant was still in place. Making it unaffordable for some and unattractive for many more potential buyers. I loved my Gen1 but as the colder weather hit I found the range an issue. I hope they don't mess with the grant too much.

I think Miles said that Nov 1st Zs EV Facelift pricing will take into account any grant changes and price increases so that there would be no upwards adjustment in the new year.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom