New (late 2021) ZS EV

Interestingly the long range version seems to be the same weight as the standard version. How can this be with a bigger battery? Methinks a mistake has been made …….
I don't think that extra electricity weighs very much...

I've put this comparison together of all the differences:

1633640242984.png

LOL, I've just seen in a photo, it still has the "Battery" switch next to KERS/Mode!!!!!
Bit weird, on uk MG site, it says it has a 72kWh battery (but then it also says there are 3 trim levels).
Vehicle-to-Load supplies up to 2200Watts.

Sources:

I hope this is helpful.

Gonna wait a few days before deciding if the info on the Norwegian MG site is accurate. Seems like they're still updating. When I choose the long range option vs standard in the config it doesn't effect the estimated cost which doesn't seem right. Meanwhile half the info on the MG 5 (in the configurator) is in Spanish.....

Prices announced on MG Netherlands website are:
Comfort (LR) € 31.985. Luxury (LR) € 34.485.
I can't translate to work out if that is the actual final on the road price (after any grants etc)

To try to figure out what that may mean for the UK, I've taken the Netherlands prices for the Hybrid and compared them to the UK on the road price:
€ 36k = £30k (to convert / 1.2)
€ 38k = £32.5k (to convert divide by 1.17)
So applying the same conversion factors, the quoted new ZS Prices are:
€ 32k = £26.7 - £27.4 (/1.2 & /1.17)
€ 34.5 = £28.8 - £29.5
How accurate this is, who knows!

The current retail price for the ZS EV Exclusive is around £31k. It's unlikely the new version will be cheaper.

I've put this comparison together of all the differences:

View attachment 5157

LOL, I've just seen in a photo, it still has the "Battery" switch next to KERS/Mode!!!!!
Bit weird, on uk MG site, it says it has a 72kWh battery (but then it also says there are 3 trim levels).
Vehicle-to-Load supplies up to 2200Watts.

Sources:

I hope this is helpful.
Really helpful info!

Probably seen and don't think this contains any new 'news' but, Autoexpress (who've always looked pretty favourably on ZS and MG5 EV's) describe the new ZS. MG ZS EV given significant update for 2021 with 273 mile range | Auto Express
I've read a few articles including this one, I think they are basing it just on the info we all now know. The prices they quote don't sound right to me, as the 2 prices MG are saying are for the LR comfort & the LR Luxury whereas the article suggests those 2 prices are for the SR & LR versions.

I've had a thought regarding the 2 different motor powers.
It seems slightly odd to me that the LR has a lower power motor to the SR model, I know it's kinda advertised as being longer range and a lower power motor may help this but it doesn't add up to me.
So my thought.....
The LR version was made some time ago - as it's been on a ship for months etc, maybe the newer/higher power motor wasn't developed in time and therefore as the SR model is a few months behind it was ready to go into that model.
If that is the case, I can foresee a newer batch of LR models coming with the new motor at some point.
Just a guess....

All of the improvements are very welcome. I just wish they had moved the styling forward more. It still looks quite old school in terms of cars coming through now.

A few points I've noticed.

Comfort vs Luxury trim gives iSmart lite vs more functionality, if lite provides remote cabin pre-cool/heat then that'll do me.

LR only has 3phase (11kw) AC charging, SR has 6.6kw.

LR has a lower power motor, 115kw vs 130kw on the short range. Bit odd they've done this and not used the higher power one of both models.

Rear air vents now :)

Both trims have heated front seats, amongst other things in common.
Potentially more folk will take the "Comfort" rather than "Luxury" trim, unlike now where you get a lot more with the higher trim.

Some figures don't seem to be correct, they can't both have same 0-100 time with different power motors surely, plus the weights must be different for each battery.

It's advertised as 150kw in one place and 115/130 elsewhere....

Can anyone spot if they've kept the pointless "battery" switch next to the KERS & MODE switches?
That 'battery' switch actually activates the light up wheel caps.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom