New Member Hello and MG5 EV query...

EVLover

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi Fellow EV'ers,

I've only today joined the Forum because I bought an MG5 EV just over 6 weeks ago and being as I'm totally new to EV's this could be a real bonus for any queries I might have or any problems I might encounter so I'll most probably be pestering all you more experienced guys until I myself become "more experienced" (and beyond!).

I've called myself EVLover (apologies to Phil Collins:rolleyes:) because, so far, I'm loving the EV experience. However, I have found 1 specific problem which I would like some guidance on....

Is there any way of disabling the "lazy locking" function as I have already had it go off twice because, I think..., the key was pressed by something else in my pocket.
Unfortunately one of the times was when it was raining and with all the windows open the interior got quite wet!

Would welcome any thoughts and assistance from y'all

Cheers, Alex

The short answer is no. You could buy a key case from AliExpress. The case should reduce the chances of accidental presses.

The short answer is no. You could buy a key case from AliExpress. The case should reduce the chances of accidental presses.
Thanks EWD. Yes I have thought about buying a faraday bag or something similar to stop inadvertent transmission. Shame you can't disable the function... can't really see the need for it.

"Lazy locking" ?
If you hold down the lock button on the remote it closes all the windows. If you hold down the open button it lowers all the windows. It's very handy if you are returning to a hot car. Just lower all the windows and let the heat out.

If you hold down the lock button on the remote it closes all the windows. If you hold down the open button it lowers all the windows. It's very handy if you are returning to a hot car. Just lower all the windows and let the heat out.
Is that what it's called ?
We don't have it on the ZS, but I've had it on previous cars and it was referred to as global window opening/closing, confused me for a moment there. ;)

If you do the unlock/windows open, do all the windows close again if you don't open the door?

Happened on my bmw at work.
Pouring down outside and i was nice and snug in a meeting.

One of the yard guys kept ringing me but being polite to the other person in the meeting i declined his calls.

He came to the room and said your windows are open 😳.

First car I had it on, a 2001 Mk3 Mondeo Ghia X, SWMBO was so impressed and showing it off to my brother she forgot we had those suckered on sun shades on the back windows and one of them went down inside the door and destroyed the winder mechanism, got tangled in the cable that pulls the window down. :censored:

Thanks EWD. Yes I have thought about buying a faraday bag or something similar to stop inadvertent transmission. Shame you can't disable the function... can't really see the need for it.
Just a thought, and I've not tried it, but potentially you could disconnect the 12v battery for a while. According to the manual, the One-Touch window up/down functionality needs to be reset after disconnecting the battery, and it 'might just' be tied in with the lazy-lock. I.e. Lazy lock just triggers the one-touch functionality.

That's certainly how I'd do it if I was programming it anyway!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom