New MG4 Shipment?

Chased my dealer today and was advised that it’s now finally in manufacture production.

They have also advised expected delivery to them is end of June.

I hope they’re right, but also prepared for further disappointment.
Order in December so this is all feeling a very long “12 weeks to deliver” 😅

My car arrived today into the dealership ! is there a way I can check when the car has been build ?
the seller told there where a lot of MG4 cancelled , I know I am afraid they gone give me an older car , because hey said to me your car is on the roof parking while floor parking whas full of new deliverd MG4's

My car arrived today into the dealership ! is there a way I can check when the car has been build ?
the seller told there where a lot of MG4 cancelled , I know I am afraid they gone give me an older car , because hey said to me your car is on the roof parking while floor parking was full of new delivered MG4's
There should be a certificate of conformity in the glove box and 4 lines up from the bottom will be the build date in month/day/year format. Anything built late November 2022 onwards is the newer batch.

I have a chassis number hoorah!! Can't find the posts that explained what each part of the number meant though. Can someone post it?

Just had confirmation my LR Trophy has arrived in the UK. Expected delivery by the end of May. I was shocked considering I was told 2 weeks ago the car hadn't entered the build stage yet.

I don't really understand this. This isn't a car with loads of different options that means they'll probably have to build a car specifically to meet your specifications. There are three versions and a handful of colours. Why can't they just take a Trophy of your chosen colour off the shelf and sell it to you?

I don't really understand this. This isn't a car with loads of different options that means they'll probably have to build a car specifically to meet your specifications. There are three versions and a handful of colours. Why can't they just take a Trophy of your chosen colour off the shelf and sell it to you?
I am guessing the build to order still works out more profitable for them than bulk building and keeping a large car park of unsold cars in China or even the UK. Guess the shipping cost is quite high.

Someone UK garages have probably pre-ordered more popular colour/spec combos knowing they'll get a buyer, especially with the current market.

A lot depends on luck. Has the dealer already ordered the one you want because it's popular and they already got it in stock. Or is the one you want not a volume seller so the dealers won't order it unless they have a firm sale.

I'm thinking blue and white SE SR will be pre-ordered without having a firm sale and the same for SE LR. At the other end of the scale red Trophy's with the more costly paint will be supplied to order.

"At the moment, unfortunately, we’ve had confirmation that your car is either not built and/or not yet in transit. Once in transit it takes about 6 weeks to get from China to the UK plus an additional 4 weeks to get from the UK port to your door."

Ordered in Dec. With great regret, I'm going to have to order a different car.

"At the moment, unfortunately, we’ve had confirmation that your car is either not built and/or not yet in transit. Once in transit it takes about 6 weeks to get from China to the UK plus an additional 4 weeks to get from the UK port to your door."

I was also told by my dealer 2 weeks ago it hadn't been built yet. Received an email from the dealer this week saying it's arrived at Portbury.

Srsly, find a different dealer. I walked in for a test drive on the Saturday of the Easter weekend and drove my new car out five days later. There are cars available if you can track down the spec you like. (I was lucky, after I'd told my dealer which spec I wanted he said, we have one of these out the back waiting to be prepped.)

Srsly, find a different dealer. I walked in for a test drive on the Saturday of the Easter weekend and drove my new car out five days later. There are cars available if you can track down the spec you like. (I was lucky, after I'd told my dealer which spec I wanted he said, we have one of these out the back waiting to be prepped.)

Unfortunately it’s through an EV salary sacrifice scheme, so I don’t have other options (unless I pay more).

Unfortunately it’s through an EV salary sacrifice scheme, so I don’t have other options (unless I pay more).
I was where you are last week. Ordered end of November, emailed the dealer on Monday, (salary sacrifice company still saying no build date) Tuesday morning got an email back saying it’s built, in transit and due to the dealer 2nd May.

Keep the faith, just a little bit longer. Seems like they hit a bottleneck and now the orders are flowing again 🤞🏻

I was where you are last week. Ordered end of November, emailed the dealer on Monday, (salary sacrifice company still saying no build date) Tuesday morning got an email back saying it’s built, in transit and due to the dealer 2nd May.

Keep the faith, just a little bit longer. Seems like they hit a bottleneck and now the orders are flowing again 🤞🏻

Oh ok, there’s hope then! I think I will wait now I’ve thought about it. It won’t be any quicker if I swap.

Oh ok, there’s hope then! I think I will wait now I’ve thought about it. It won’t be any quicker if I swap.
The cynic in me makes me think they slow delivery down to entice you into paying more for a ‘stock’ car that doesn’t necessarily come any more quickly. Not sure they’re that organised though!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back