• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

New MG4 Shipment?

DON

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Anyone know when the next shipment of MG4s is due to arrive in the UK every dealer I have asked has given a different answer 😕

The Anji Phoenix is due to arrive in Chile at the end of October.
The Anji 32 is currently sailing to a port in China so that could be promising.
The Anji 23 is due to arrive in Mexico

My local MG dealer in Perth has told me to expect the next major shipment to be in late January, 2023. Of course that could change, hopefully earlier. 🤞

I've been told October/November, and had read elsewhere that there would be a second batch of a 1000 at around that time. Don't know if the SE in that group will include tinted windows as the first batch appears to have.

Just seen on shipping updates Grand Venus is due 7th October direct from Shanghai hopefully have some MG4s on board.

The Grand Venus has MG4s on it.
It left Shanghai on 10th September and is currently scheduled to arrive at Portbury on 7th October. Those of you who have preorders may wish to request an update from your dealerships.

I've been told October/November, and had read elsewhere that there would be a second batch of a 1000 at around that time. Don't know if the SE in that group will include tinted windows as the first batch appears to have.
Re the tinted windows thing, not being funny but the car in the showroom and the demo at my dealer are both SE spec and both have these nice dark tinted rear windows. The salesman even mentioned it in his spiel about the car.

If I hadn’t found this forum I would have no idea that subsequent deliveries have contained vehicles without tinted windows. My wife for instance, doesn’t know the car might not have them. So surely there must be some sort of comeback if the car I’ve ordered comes in without tinted rear windows? It’s different to what I’ve been sold.

Thoughts?

Re the tinted windows thing, not being funny but the car in the showroom and the demo at my dealer are both SE spec and both have these nice dark tinted rear windows. The salesman even mentioned it in his spiel about the car.

If I hadn’t found this forum I would have no idea that subsequent deliveries have contained vehicles without tinted windows. My wife for instance, doesn’t know the car might not have them. So surely there must be some sort of comeback if the car I’ve ordered comes in without tinted rear windows? It’s different to what I’ve been sold.

Thoughts?
The SE comes with tinted windows and the Trophy comes with privacy glass. The first 600 SEs came with privacy glass because the manufacturer got the spec wrong.

Unfortunately the spec sheet has it clear that rear privacy glass is on the Trophy spec only. Tinted glass on others yes.
The dealership should really be making it clear people viewing the mis-built SE spec though, otherwise they will be having less than please customers.

Thoughts?
I know we went to the same dealer mate, the sales person I was dealing with acknowledged the window production mistake to me.
You should push him for the white SR in the showroom, give you that one and swap it with yours when it arrives. You get the glass and he gets the proper specced motor, would avoid confusion for him in the future. I'd be trying my luck with that if I really wanted the privacy
glass.

I know we went to the same dealer mate, the sales person I was dealing with acknowledged the window production mistake to me.
You should push him for the white SR in the showroom, give you that one and swap it with yours when it arrives. You get the glass and he gets the proper specced motor, would avoid confusion for him in the future. I'd be trying my luck with that if I really wanted the privacy
glass.
That’s not a bad shout. One of the attractions of going for the white is the contrast between the black and white so the darker the windows the better. I’ll query it.

Does anyone have any photos of the SE with ‘only’ tinted glass instead of privacy to see what it looks like?

Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 423 79.8%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 70 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 37 7.0%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel