New MG4 Shipment?

No idea what ship ours was on but we went to the dealer yesterday for him to have a look at our current car with a view to p/ex and, by pure coincidence, there was a transporter unloading outside. Our grey Trophy was on it so we should get it maybe next week. While it was on the transporter I had a quick look underneath and, sure enough, the undertray had a slight dip. The dealer is well aware of the issues, I'm glad to say! They will be draining and refilling the gearbox oil to a lower level so it will be interesting to see if we still get the leak.

View attachment 12046
You must be excited! Mine’s not due till January. Anyway, I’m glad to hear the dealer is aware of possible issues and I hope they don’t get in the way of you enjoying your new MG4.

You must be excited! Mine’s not due till January. Anyway, I’m glad to hear the dealer is aware of possible issues and I hope they don’t get in the way of you enjoying your new MG4.
Is this from Perth? What spec did you order and when if you don’t mind me asking? Just to see if it differs from mine…

No idea what ship ours was on but we went to the dealer yesterday for him to have a look at our current car with a view to p/ex and, by pure coincidence, there was a transporter unloading outside. Our grey Trophy was on it so we should get it maybe next week. While it was on the transporter I had a quick look underneath and, sure enough, the undertray had a slight dip. The dealer is well aware of the issues, I'm glad to say! They will be draining and refilling the gearbox oil to a lower level so it will be interesting to see if we still get the leak.

View attachment 12046
It seems that the oil breather pipe is causing the problem and needs replacing.

Is this from Perth? What spec did you order and when if you don’t mind me asking? Just to see if it differs from mine…
Hey Shengis, Yes, this is from Perth MG. I ordered a white SE long range on the twentieth of September and I’ve been told it ought to reach the dealership around the twentieth of January. Of course this could change if there is an extended pre-delivery inspection. Is that similar to your order?

We're looking forward to it. I'm fully expecting it to leak oil - that way I won't be disappointed if/when it does! We're in the fortunate position of not having to depend on it for our only transport.

Once mine arrives I'll probably average 150 miles a week over the next couple of months (until I retire), and thereafter I don't know. If it leaks, it leaks - I know work is going on the find a resolution, and the next feedback should be before I get my car.

I ordered a grey trophy from Perth on the 1st of October and was told January, they said if I wanted an orange trophy I could have had it before Christmas.

Hey Shengis, Yes, this is from Perth MG. I ordered a white SE long range on the twentieth of September and I’ve been told it ought to reach the dealership around the twentieth of January. Of course this could change if there is an extended pre-delivery inspection. Is that similar to your order?
I ordered a white short range in early October and was told 8 weeks which would be end Nov although I get the feeling that might be optimistic!

I ordered a white short range in early October and was told 8 weeks which would be end Nov although I get the feeling that might be optimistic!
You never know, there might be less demand for the short range version, so they might be able to fulfill your order sooner.

I ordered a grey trophy from Perth on the 1st of October and was told January, they said if I wanted an orange trophy I could have had it before Christmas.
Ordered one here last week from Perth and theyre hoping to have orange Trophy's delivered days before christmas.

This is my exact order. Put deposit down end of August. Two weeks ago old boss at dealership told me next week or two. So I arranged sale of my car. Now they're "hoping it will be October". Absolutely fuming. In hindsight, I obviously shouldn't have arranged sale of my car into I physically had it, but the guy was very convincing - "we might have had it yesterday". I'm on holiday for the next week, after that I really need a car. If they haven't got the 4, I'm hoping they'll lens me a courtesy.

This is my exact order. Put deposit down end of August. Two weeks ago old boss at dealership told me next week or two. So I arranged sale of my car. Now they're "hoping it will be October". Absolutely fuming. In hindsight, I obviously shouldn't have arranged sale of my car into I physically had it, but the guy was very convincing - "we might have had it yesterday". I'm on holiday for the next week, after that I really need a car. If they haven't got the 4, I'm hoping they'll lens me a courtesy.
Surely, as a matter of courtesy they won’t leave you without a car. 🤞

Curiosity question-Does anyone know where we can see a schedule of ship deliveries for the next couple of months. From posts on here there seems to be a lot of orders where delivery is quoted December / January ? This should potentially give us some 'Pester' power :)

On a slightly different note, anyone got some contact details of MG customer service where we could get an order number for our ordered cars where the dealer cannot/ will not give us this information.

On a slightly different note, anyone got some contact details of MG customer service where we could get an order number for our ordered cars where the dealer cannot/ will not give us this information.
I have this email address for the Customer Experience Manager Aftersales. She might be able to put you in touch with someone who can get you that information: [email protected]

Curiosity question-Does anyone know where we can see a schedule of ship deliveries for the next couple of months. From posts on here there seems to be a lot of orders where delivery is quoted December / January ? This should potentially give us some 'Pester' power :)

I am tracking four vessels but these are just from my observations.

The Goodwood, which docked at Bristol earlier this week is due at Antwerp tomorrow. After that I am presuming that it will return to China and the voyage takes around 31-35 days. I am assume that if it then returns to the UK then this will be around the beginning of January.

The Grande Houston is due to dock in Bristol today and i assume that it will then return to China via Antwerp so again be back in the UK for January.

One interesting ship is the Anji 32 which is sailing to Lianyungang in China and is due there on November 6th. That port is the closest one to the MG factory. So if it comes to the UK then it should arrive in the middle of December.

It is difficult to track Chinese owned ships as the information is not updated regularly.

All of the above is pure speculation and clutching at straws as I am expecting my blue Trophy at the end of December/beginning January.

The Goodwood, which docked at Bristol earlier this week is due at Antwerp tomorrow. After that I am presuming that it will return to China and the voyage takes around 31-35 days. I am assume that if it then returns to the UK then this will be around the beginning of January.

The Grande Houston is due to dock in Bristol today and i assume that it will then return to China via Antwerp so again be back in the UK for January.

One interesting ship is the Anji 32 which is sailing to Lianyungang in China and is due there on November 6th. That port is the closest one to the MG factory. So if it comes to the UK then it should arrive in the middle of December.

It is difficult to track Chinese owned ships as the information is not updated regularly.

All of the above is pure speculation and clutching at straws as I am expecting my blue Trophy at the end of December/beginning January.
I have also been tracking the Grande Houston, as that's the boat my dealer has told me that my MG4 is aboard. It seems it might be running a day late from its last port of call, Valencia, as it's now due into Portbury on Sunday night/Monday morning.
I assume that'll probably mean dealer deliveries in a couple of weeks and pickup around mid November.

I have also been tracking the Grande Houston, as that's the boat my dealer has told me that my MG4 is aboard. It seems it might be running a day late from its last port of call, Valencia, as it's now due into Portbury on Sunday night/Monday morning.
I assume that'll probably mean dealer deliveries in a couple of weeks and pickup around mid November.
Do you know how your dealer knows that info. My dealer is claiming to know nothing about where my car is. I'm seeing other people with that info and I'm getting increasingly irritated. Unfortunately I've jumped ship from a very competent Vauxhall dealer (and an Opel manufacturer who couldn't perform) to a seemingly incompetent MG dealer and a SAIC manufacturer of a much better car (oil leaks aside!)

Thanks , mine is due then, so I will clutch as the same straw if that's ok ;):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Do you know how your dealer knows that info. My dealer is claiming to know nothing about where my car is. I'm seeing other people with that info and I'm getting increasingly irritated. Unfortunately I've jumped ship from a very competent Vauxhall dealer (and an Opel manufacturer who couldn't perform) to a seemingly incompetent MG dealer and a SAIC manufacturer of a much better car (oil leaks aside!)
its not always the dealer, if MG wont tell them anything then there is nothing they can do.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 475 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 79 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.7%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back