New MG4 Shipment?

Do you know how your dealer knows that info. My dealer is claiming to know nothing about where my car is. I'm seeing other people with that info and I'm getting increasingly irritated. Unfortunately I've jumped ship from a very competent Vauxhall dealer (and an Opel manufacturer who couldn't perform) to a seemingly incompetent MG dealer and a SAIC manufacturer of a much better car (oil leaks aside!)
No, I'm afraid I don't know his information source, but he was certain about it.
I originally ordered a ZS in April, but got fed up of waiting so transferred the order to an MG4 Trophy in August. I was initially told to expect it in January, but was then told November, as a car matching my order criteria was due to be delivered to my dealer via the Grand Houston.

I ordered a grey trophy from Perth on the 1st of October and was told January, they said if I wanted an orange trophy I could have had it before Christmas.

Ordered one here last week from Perth and theyre hoping to have orange Trophy's delivered days before christmas.
It does seem that ~90% of this first batch of Trophys was built in orange.
I've been told "shortage" for my blue one, ordered day one.

Well, does anyone know if there are/were any MG4s (of any colour!) on board the Genius Highway?
I notice that it is in Portbury currently having come from Zeebrugge.
Also in Portbury is the Grande Houston which I have been told is carrying my Trophy (and hopefully a whole load of other customers'!!)
Anyone passing by on the M5 able to peer over that way??

Well, does anyone know if there are/were any MG4s (of any colour!) on board the Genius Highway?
Also in Portbury is the Grande Houston which I have been told is carrying my Trophy (and hopefully a whole load of other customers'!!)
Thanks for that info. I have added the Genius Highway to my “watch list” 😀

We need one of those youtube Auditors with their drones to Audit Portbury docks..

Oh great :mad:

NOW my dealer tells me my order is NOT on the Grande Houston as I was told and that it's going to be another eight weeks.
This is a repeat of my experiences trying to order a ZS, so I've had enough of this BS.
I don't think I'm patient or stupid enough to wait a couple more months for a (judging from comments all over the forums) poorly finished and rushed out ev such as the MG4 is reported to be.

I have to admit to not basing this decision on real life experiences, as my dealer has been unable to supply a demonstrator yet. I've not been able to see a Trophy in real life - do they REALLY exist???

Nope, I don't see my life span being long enough to waste any more time on this electric car nonsense. I'm staying with my ICE car, at least its a real thing - and reliable.
Anyone want an unused Zappi??

Oh great :mad:

NOW my dealer tells me my order is NOT on the Grande Houston as I was told and that it's going to be another eight weeks.
This is a repeat of my experiences trying to order a ZS, so I've had enough of this BS.
I don't think I'm patient or stupid enough to wait a couple more months for a (judging from comments all over the forums) poorly finished and rushed out ev such as the MG4 is reported to be.

I have to admit to not basing this decision on real life experiences, as my dealer has been unable to supply a demonstrator yet. I've not been able to see a Trophy in real life - do they REALLY exist???

Nope, I don't see my life span being long enough to waste any more time on this electric car nonsense. I'm staying with my ICE car, at least its a real thing - and reliable.
Anyone want an unused Zappi??
Oh no! i was also told me SE was on the grande Houston and i have the VIN number. I hope they dont call me to delay as i was hoping to collect first week in Nov

Now I've had chance to simmer down a bit, tomorrow I'll do some research to see what
other options are available. For instance, is there a dealer within a reachable distance of Bristol (I know, how long is a piece of string) who has a trophy demonstrator? Also, does anyone have an orange one, just to see what the colour is like in daylight?

Now I've had chance to simmer down a bit, tomorrow I'll do some research to see what
other options are available. For instance, is there a dealer within a reachable distance of Bristol (I know, how long is a piece of string) who has a trophy demonstrator? Also, does anyone have an orange one, just to see what the colour is like in daylight?
Huddersfield had 1 last month very nice.

20220924_114030.jpg

Is it just me that's noticed that things might be starting to go the way of the ZS EV? An initial burst of cars getting everybody excited with a promise of plenty more to follow. Delivery dates given but then mysteriously pushed back. Here's hoping people who have ordered now wont still be waiting this time next year.

Is it just me that's noticed that things might be starting to go the way of the ZS EV? An initial burst of cars getting everybody excited with a promise of plenty more to follow. Delivery dates given but then mysteriously pushed back. Here's hoping people who have ordered now wont still be waiting this time next year.
That's the impression I got when they launched back at the end of August - two thousand cars ready to roll and then the same stream as the ZS.

That's the impression I got when they launched back at the end of August - two thousand cars ready to roll and then the same stream as the ZS.
But what happened to the Ship that arrived on the 7th only just seen a few people got emails about collection. Its 25th of October and all the dealers who promised end of October early November now do not have a clue.

But what happened to the Ship that arrived on the 7th only just seen a few people got emails about collection. Its 25th of October and all the dealers who promised end of October early November now do not have a clue.
I've seen reports that MG are sitting on all undelivered cars until they fix the oil leak.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back