New MG5 2022 details released

The pre-launch info for all budget EVs will promise that (e.g. Ora Cat) but in reality will not deliver anything close (£30,500 and 193 miles).

I have just taken delivery of a Monument silver MG ZS EV Trophy long range I ordered in Nov 2021 and part exchanged my 2019 White Exclusive.
I really like the updated version, the new infotainment system is much improved the only thing I don't like is there is no owners manual, it is only available online. So to work out the new features means going indoors to my PC. The download manual is in pdf format and I have been trying to find how I can convert it so that I can print out sections in A4 (full page) because the download only fills 1/4 of an A4 page. Any suggestions?
My Exclusive was giving me an indicated range estimate of over 220 miles on econ at full charge which was realistically just over 200, so it will be interesting to see what mileage I get from the long range Trophy.

V2L is a strange thing - how often are most people actually going to use it? A friend with an EV6 has it and uses it when hoovering the car, but he has a perfectly good socket in the driveway. :rolleyes:

Roof rails on the SE now, but no mention of towing.
I was coincidentally in a dealership yesterday test driving a ZS - towing being one of the key items on my list. They told me the new MG5 has 500KG tow rating, the same as the ZS. In all other ways I preferred the 5 to the ZS so may be looking at that now instead.

I've not been able to confirm it elsewhere, but the guy was reading through his info from MG to find out while I was stood there so it's probably right.

That's much less than any caravan isn't it? Though I know there are different ways of measuring caravan weight.

That's much less than any caravan isn't it? Though I know there are different ways of measuring caravan weight.
I suspect that's deliberate as the issue for an EV will be the extra aerodynamic drag. By significantly limiting the weight they have also limited the physical size and hence aerodynamic losses. By comparison the Tesla 3 has an 1,100kg limit.

What are those wheels on the SE.. Eek.
Interesting to see the diagram implies the rear seats now fold flat.

V2L is a strange thing - how often are most people actually going to use it? A friend with an EV6 has it and uses it when hoovering the car, but he has a perfectly good socket in the driveway. :rolleyes:

Roof rails on the SE now, but no mention of towing.
I think of you are into camping it might be a great feature to have.

Personally wouldn't use it

Overall I do think this new, revised version is a significant step up from the current model.

It will be interesting to see if there is some kind of incentive, be it Affinity, or deposit contribution etc etc.

Once the MG4 is launched that might actually be a more tempting car. Price will be less, interior space will be similar. Not sure about the size of the boot in the MG4. Designed as an EV from the ground up etc etc.

MG need to get their pricing right.....

It'll be interesting to see what discounts are available, the list price has increased quite a bit although the spec has improved considerably.

Brochure attached.
Me I don’t see any kind of discounts under the currant shortage of EVs coming from anywhere.
As has been quote I think the newest car to come to release in the UK is the ORA Cat, about a year back it was being shown on YT and was said to be coming to the UK at around £25k or a little below what has come is over £30k.

So I think the price on these new MGs 5 & 4 will be what is set by MG, and the best we can hope for is some decent finance offers from dealers.
Les

Last edited:
I have just taken delivery of a Monument silver MG ZS EV Trophy long range I ordered in Nov 2021 and part exchanged my 2019 White Exclusive.
I really like the updated version, the new infotainment system is much improved the only thing I don't like is there is no owners manual, it is only available online. So to work out the new features means going indoors to my PC. The download manual is in pdf format and I have been trying to find how I can convert it so that I can print out sections in A4 (full page) because the download only fills 1/4 of an A4 page. Any suggestions?
My Exclusive was giving me an indicated range estimate of over 220 miles on econ at full charge which was realistically just over 200, so it will be interesting to see what mileage I get from the long range Trophy.
What are you using to view the pdf file and what are you using to print it?
This is general as not knowing the answers to above questions but after you press the print button while viewing your document, the printers own page should appear and will have have options on how to print along with a preview. Play with those settings.

NB the manual for the MG5 is in landscape so try changing your paper orientation.

1656836211038.png

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom