New to EVs And the MG5

You can get a report of battery health from the seller, if it's coming from an MG dealer. Lots of people fast charge their cars a lot and they're fine.

Also, you can presumably check the seats and so on yourself.

A friend recently told me about someone who had had a "bomb" put in his car. It seemed fine when he bought it, but over the following weeks it became clear that the previous owner had been a heavy smoker, and the smell of smoke got worse and worse. It had permeated the upholstery and the dealer's attempts to clean the car had not been effective.

He found out about this service where they essentially fumigate the cars by putting something that emits a vapour that removes all smells. Chuck it in the car, close all windows, and retire to a safe distance. The company said that most of their business actually came from car dealers preparing second-hand cars for sale. Apparently it worked, and no more cigarette smell was experienced.
This is the sort of thing, they work really well, the last one I used I got from toolstation. Our Outlander PHEV (now replaced with the MG5) had some wet fish disintegrate and some of it disappear in an inaccessible place in the boot. The stench was horrendous, I vacuumed out all what I could, sprayed bleach in the area which helped but didnt cure the stink that had permeated everywhere inside the car. Bomb triggered off job done.

I have to buy a car in the next 2 months and have been looking at a MG4 or a MG5 or maybe a Leaf, though I am worried that I will get fed up of the Leaf and regret buying it soon after.
I see a few MG5`s on autotrader for a decent price, but have heard they are quite popular with taxi drivers and wonder how well they have been looked after, you know fast charging, sick over the back seats, bodily fluids etc lol.
I currently have an Ionic 40kWh and think I will have to buy a MG4 Trophy to get the same extras that I currently have.
I suppose it depends on what extras you feel you need . Only thing I miss on my Prefacelift 5 as compared to my Ioniqs is the heated steering wheel and that's only in winter . The Ioniq EV wasn't really an option for me . Even though they are more efficient ,the range on 38Kw wasn't enough and the 28Kw definitely not so .
As far as cleanliness goes ,I would supposed that the car would be properly valeted before delivery which you can visually check yourself .:)

I have to buy a car in the next 2 months and have been looking at a MG4 or a MG5 or maybe a Leaf, though I am worried that I will get fed up of the Leaf and regret buying it soon after.
I see a few MG5`s on autotrader for a decent price, but have heard they are quite popular with taxi drivers and wonder how well they have been looked after, you know fast charging, sick over the back seats, bodily fluids etc lol.
I currently have an Ionic 40kWh and think I will have to buy a MG4 Trophy to get the same extras that I currently have.
The fact that they are quite popular as taxis is usually a good indication that the car is generally reliable and a keeper.
Just don't buy one with high mileage that was a taxi. :) Plenty of low mileage around at good prices.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom